Ticket 16576

PDXMike

Since the 1.2.1 upgrade, I have not been able to get BS2 to activate. I was one of the early birds that read the version of the instructions that said DO NOT DEACTIVATE your products!. I read and printed out those instructions and started downloading. I uninstalled World 1.2.0 via the Win7 control panel, and installed 1.2.1. Brought it up to make sure it worked then shut it down and installed A-10C 1.2.1 module. Brought it up and activated A-10C. Installed CA 1.2.1, brought it up and activated it.

Now to the problem child! I mistakenly installed BS2 1.2.1 (full version) when I brought up world and tried to open BS2 I entered my serial number and it failed. I then realized what I had done, so I deleted the Ka-50 directory, downloaded the BS2 1.2.1 UPGRADE version. I tried to install it but it came back and said BS1 must be installed!

I fired up Steam and tried to run BS, it wouldn't work. I ran the Steam file checker and it said it had to download all of the files again. After it got done I started BS1 up in steam and it was working fine.

I went back and ran the BS2 1.2.1 upgrade installer again, and this time it went with out a hitch. Fired up world and started BS2, activation screen popped up, with SN entered, clicked on next, got error about "integrity fault". Went to the Payments screen and double checked my SN for the upgrade, tried again... NO JOY!

Opened ticket, still no response. I realize that there are probably lots of issues to be resolved with activations lost from the upgrade, but While I'd like to have my activations restored to my pre-upgrade amount, I'd really like to be able to get BS2 activated.

BTW the BS2 activation screen come up EVERY time I do anything in A-10C too! :mad::mad::mad:

I am on the latest version of World 1.2.1.6192

Could someone from ED take a look at this and help me get rid of this now very annoying activation screen that pops up all the time!

Delete your registry entry pertaining to BS2 and reactivate.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Delete your registry entry pertaining to BS2 and reactivate.

Searched registry, found 2 subkeys under the Keys key, (wow that sounds pretty confusing:cry:) they were called license0 and license1, exported them just in case and deleted them one at a time. Fired up World after deleting the first, no joy. After deleting the second one, activation worked fine!! :thumbup:

Viper you are a prince among men !

Thank you!

I'll edit my ticket and let them know I have gotten BS2 activated.

Shhh. You will ruin his reputation! :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Searched registry, found 2 subkeys under the Keys key, (wow that sounds pretty confusing:cry:) they were called license0 and license1, exported them just in case and deleted them one at a time. Fired up World after deleting the first, no joy. After deleting the second one, activation worked fine!! :thumbup:

Thank you!

I'll edit my ticket and let them know I have gotten BS2 activated.

You guys rock!!!:thumbup:

I had exactly the same problem - now solved.

Thanks a lot!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]