HDR with a 'D' like Dynamic for DCS 1.2.4

Version 2 is right now in the works - still issues with the Huey cockpit (Have to re-tweak time- and FOV-limits when the full HDR kicks in)- but I'm very confident that I will have resolved it till the Saturday. ( no -I wasn't able to resolve it.. -see next post for more info)

Most noticeable changes are the reworked Sunrays

The old version for comparison:

Edited by PeterP

NEW version is up! > HDR with a 'D' like Dynamic for 1.2.4 v.2.0 <

A note about the HUEY :

for some kind of strange reason this effects is broken in the Huey cockpit after turning your head . - but this is no problem at all :) - when it is 'broken' -Means : you will lost the dynamical lightning change - it looks very,very close to the default 1.2.4 effect - maybe even a little better :D

a workaround to fix it is to alt-tab out and in (so the render gets reloaded and all shaders are reset), as long you use a 'fulscreen' setting.

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

Great stuff - thanks.

BTW the reason this effect was removed was the prop on the P-51 introducing strobing effects when flying into the sun - not very good to have for epileptics playing.

Nate

Please, don't tell about epilepsy... Remember Cliffs of Dover. ;)

BTW, it's elegant to have removed that only for P-51d instead of disabling in the whole game or filtered it.

EDIT: PeterP, you're a code wizard! Thanks :thumbup: Rep inbound.

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Really thank you so much Peter! You colored my DCS world! :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=82598

Screen_130528_014701.thumb.jpg.5914ad2b3db5fca11c6f2f917ecfad38.jpg

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

you think you can find a solution for huey and 3d vision ( not fullscreen of course ) ?

joda.jpg

Difficult to see. ...Always in motion is the future.

fortuneteller-e1321461161252.jpg

@ Devrim

Are you unaffected by this "Huey-Broken-HDR-Bug" ?

- if yes:

Please post your settings and GPU/Driver.

... or did you just were lucky when you took above screenshot and/or fixed it temporally by alt-tabbing ?

Edited by PeterP

...@ Devrim

Are you unaffected by this "Huey-Broken-HDR-Bug" ?

- if yes:

Please post your settings and GPU/Driver.

... or did you just were lucky when you took above screenshot and/or fixed it temporally by alt-tabbing ?

Hi. I'm not aware of "Huey-Broken-HDR-Bug". I have no any knowloedge. I think I missed posts. And I didn't see any bug, or may be it didn't disturb me. My graphic card is nVidia GTX560Ti, 1GB. Driver version 314.22 (didn't update latest version yet).

My settings:

attachment.php?attachmentid=82726

And another image:

attachment.php?attachmentid=82646

grp_settings.jpg.863fa0fca4786b51f0a98e8272fb7fb0.jpg

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I'm still having an issue setting this up with dual maonitors - how do I select Single view port setup? Is that in Nvidia control panel settings or something? Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Ok so it's through the In game Monitors section. Unforunately I use iControl on my iPad mini for my cdu on a second monitor so I can't get this mod to work with that. Shame though as I had a look to see what it's like on 1 monitor and by god it looks good

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Has the huey bug got anything to do with screen resolution? The reason I say that is I have had to go back to 1680 x 1050 otherwise the cockpit instruments are blurry and there is a kind of shine that looks awful to me. I have noticed with the resolution at 1920 x 1080 if you turn the huey so the instruments are lit up by the sun or if you turn the dome light on the gauges are back to normal and are clear. This doesn't happen with the resolution set at 1680 x 1050.

No don't think so - it happens to me in all possible resolution/aspect-ratios in in the Huey.

The thing about the instruments that yoiu are mentioning are about 'mip-map filter optimizations' of GPU - turn these filters off and use 'high' textures in DCS

To show you how a "broken"* HDR ,with this Mod, looks for me in the UH-H1 I took a screenschot....

- now compare it to the default... ;)

(BTW the 'Default' HDR also gets broken instantly in the Huey - but you never notice as its absolutely overdone and stays almost the same)

And it's very similar to the screens of Devrim - and I'm not really sure if he just don't notice it - need more data before I can confirm that it's not broken in the huey for him.

attachment.php?attachmentid=83711&d=1371402804

*broken = no readjustment of the overall darkening as in all other modules like in the vid in post #1

Edited by PeterP

Can someone post the epilepsy warning that comes along with DCS ?

(I'm right now far away from my gaming-rig and have no direct access to the DCS Readme's - have a look at my avatar ;))

I want to put this Mod on the user-files section of ED - but I also wan't to include the epilepsy warning into the installation instructions.

Thanks in advance for helping me out with it!

Thanks for the reply -! writing right now the 'ReadMe' for this Mod.

(BTW: I now bought a laptop that is powerful enough to run DCS at least in minimum-settings - so I'm never again have to ask such 'silly' questions when I'm far from home :) - I had before a 'EEE-PC' with a atom-processor -32bit only -, so it made nearly no sense at all to install DCS World on it ....).

Edited by PeterP

Hi Peter thanks for your work !

One question about this mod , the hud seems too bright and not so much visible with hdr warm colours (your mod) . Specially when i look into the sky

Is it possible to render it more darker green or change colour of the HUD ? the brightness HUD is set to max in cockpit

Whitout hdr i can see it clear when i look into clouds and sky

Some example of your mod on:

Thanks

hcKrtchl.jpg

7qFpjEkl.jpg

FL5lVZ2l.jpg

Edited by TRITATUTTO

AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0ghz 8G Ram Windows 7 64bit ATI Radeon HD 5700 1G

Did you really read the first post?...

EDIT:

For all that think they found a bug and want to post a report:

Save a track where you have seen this - than replay this track without this modification.

If this bug is still visible , it's definitely not caused by this mod.

Thanks.

- Doing it every-time like described above for any mod you are using will save you and the authors of a mod a lot of time.

Short: This is a general "problem" of DCS-World with HDR-ON.

and it is not caused by this mod.

There are some thread's about it - make a forum-search for "HUD colour".

...actually your post is very ironic... : you can read the HUD better with this mod as with the default.

whatever - I use strictly HDR normal - as I don't like this 'soft-tone' at all. and this is not so prominent any more

(BTW when I want to see a softtone - I watch a 80ies 'erotic movie'.. and not DCS ;)).

...and on another note - I find it also somewhat realistic - as you can't cast shadows with light. - and it's a normal problem also for when you sit in front of the real thing.

...even if I wish it would be a little less sometimes - but this is hard - if not impossible - to achieve in DCS with the current "HDR" rendering and change big chunks of the whole ambient light shaders to make it 'realistic'- and if you would - I bet there would be a big performance drop .

EDIT:

What also helps to higher the HUD Visibility :

Set your 'digital vibrance higher in your GPU-colour' profile and/or

edit : \DCS World\Config\Effects\PostEffects\hdr.lua line #6,7,8 and set the overall colour-shift to "1" - so the Green is less shifted to the Blue anymore and becomes a little clearer.

Or only higher the value for 'G' (= Green) - so the Greens get more dominant and is better visible.

...and also use the 'normal' -HDR setting.

Maybe you also want to use this little edit/MOD:

Big HUD Font for A-10C

Edited by PeterP

Thanks , i didnt see that line sorry , too tired eyes i'm reading a lot and i'm a little bit tired...thanks anyway

...actually your post is very ironic... : you can read the HUD better with this mod as with the default.

I'm happy that i make you smile.....was only my impression .., i will try your advice about the HUD.

Danke

Edited by TRITATUTTO
  • Like 1

AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0ghz 8G Ram Windows 7 64bit ATI Radeon HD 5700 1G

also excuse my noob reply .. :

(reminder: there is no stupid question in the whole universe - it's always the response that let the question look stupid)

Did you already tried to read the ReadMe.txt?!

The ReadMe.txt:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

HDR with a 'D' like Dynamic for DCS WORLD - v.2.0

-all test are made with a DCS World 1.2.4 version

This Mod/Default comparison Video:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Epilepsy Warning!

A very small percentage of individuals may experience epileptic seizures when exposed

to certain light patterns or flashing lights.

Exposure to certain patterns or backgrounds on a television screen or while playing video games

may induce an epileptic seizure in these individuals.

Certain conditions may induce previously undetected epileptic symptoms

even in persons who have no history of prior seizures or epilepsy.

If you, or anyone in your family, has an epileptic condition, consult your physician prior to playing.

If you experience any of the following while playing a video game – dizziness, altered vision,

eye or muscle twitches, loss of awareness, disorientation, any involuntary movement, or convulsions

– IMMEDIATELY discontinue use and consult your physician before resuming play.

Install this mod ONLY if you have read and understand this warning!

- This mod is JSGME compatible -

Manual installation :

Please open the "HDR with a 'D' like Dynamic for DCS WORLD" folder...

...inside this folder you find a

"DCS World" folder.

Please copy the

"DCS World" folder

in to the same path of your DCS world installation.

example target path: H:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\...

and allow to overwrite.

More info and remarks about the UH-1H: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1743489 READ!

-PeterP 26.06.213

...and if 'yes' - at which part did you got 'stuck' ?

( also note this: giving me a clue about your native language - it would help me to formulate a better reply.)

If the above ReadMe is not like yours - please download again - I changed it during the last hours (without touching the core files of this mod at all - I just prepared it for a DCS-user-files upload).

EDIT:

After spending some time at the dinning table and having a conversation about this read-me with my wife - I changed my mind and edited it again - please download again and/or look above.

...this is the old installation instruction part for comparison:

- This mod is JSGME compatible -

Manual installation :

Please copy the

"DCS World" folder that you find inside the

"HDR with a 'D' like Dynamic for DCS WORLD" folder

to the path of your DCS world installation.

example target path: H:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\...

And my wife is right - the old one is too complicated and expects knowledge beforehand - and it's also some kind of a German>English 1:1 translation that makes it even more complicated to read .

Here are the helping comments of my wife - you have to know - her roots are half Spanish/Columbian:

Only you (stupid) Germans talk in this (crazy) kind of way (!) - no one on earth understand this by the first reading...! - even if its absolute logical and right -...but you make the things too complicate , ...just because you want to be 'more efficient' by 'shortening' it.

:)
Edited by PeterP

@ Tucano_uy - I edited the readme again - please have a look in the post above. - hope it is now clearer what to do and to follow the steps in chronological order.

...btw:

I so often read "thank you" in this thread- but how it comes that I can't see one of you in my 'earned reputation' log..?...!..- still wondering...

;)

(yes! - you are right! - I want to "crack" the 100 rep points before I make my 5K post. So: Hurry Up! - there is not much time left! This was my ONLY goal from the beginning!)

Edited by PeterP

Peter i'm a little worried that you may just miss out on your "Rep" target :cry:

Statistically speaking it's not looking good...

Up to now you have made 4611 posts and have earned 88 "Rep" points...

That equates to 52.39 posts for every one "Rep" point earned...

Your 389 posts short of that magic 5000, meaning that going by your track record your going to earn another 7 or 8 "Rep" points...... possibly 4 short of your target :mad:....

Tried to Rep you again to give you a better chance but it's saying that i have to spread the Rep around before i can give you some more !!!.

Anyway i'd better post this before somebody gives you another "Rep" point and buggers up all my maths !!!

Best of luck :thumbup:....

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

VERY,VERY OFF-TOPIC:

:D...we will see : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1798872#post1798872

...and on another note:

+spread rep and you will get rep - and (most important) you will able to give rep again!

Something I do with every post I think that is nice and/or made me think ... - I give rep,

regardless from which person the post came.

(Its just two clicks and "thanks"...)

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

Have been using this MOD for a couple of weeks now and i'm really liking the Dynamic effect when you look at the sun....

However when i'm looking directly at the sun i'm not seeing the sun rays....... well not until i look a few degrees below the sun and then they appear.

I'm using a dual monitor setup (1920x1848 ), but i'm only actually using 1920x1581... it's all i need for my main view point plus exporting my two MFD's.

This is the problem below:-

This is working very good with multiple screens , I do it my own.

...Well , as long you use a single View-port and its matching your total in-game resolution...

Just to clarify my understanding.... when you say that i have to use a single View-port matching my total in-game resolution you mean i should change my monitor.cfg file so that it looks like this ?....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('DCS A-10C');

Description = 'DCS A-10C'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080; <------ Should i change this to 1581

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.77777777777778;

}

}

ED_A10C_RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 876;

y = 1137;

width = 447;

height = 447;

}

ED_A10C_LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 41;

y = 1134;

width = 447;

height = 447;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would just try it myself but i'm away from my machine at the moment, however i imagine that it wouldn't look right having my main view (cockpit view) spread across the two monitors..

Ta...

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Just to clarify my understanding.... when you say that i have to use a single View-port matching my total in-game resolution you mean i should change my monitor.cfg file so that it looks like this ?....

yes - than you also need to change your default cockpit view to match this new center position .

have a look at the read-me of this following link to gather all needed info how to change your default-view:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96116

and you also may need to create a black background behind some exports if you are using a populated Helios setup:

>>> #24

edit:

Don't forget to readjust also the aspect-ratio - use "1920/1581" or simply "screen.aspect"

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1