Changing hardware step by step any difference for activation instead of all at once?

Does it make any difference to the activation if I change several hardware components step by step (e.g. Ram, reboot+start DCS, Video Card, reboot+start DCS, etc) instead of changing them all at the same time so the system noticeses that it is the same Computer?

I changed some components about a year ago I added some memory, a few weeks ago, first a TV card then a Graphics Card. Now I am planning to add more memory. Does the activation system remember my previous hardware changes or is it reset of the system each time I start the game?

Edited by schroedi

The activation system snapshots your system at activation time. Hardware changes are cumulative so once you pass the threshold, whether one part per month or all at once, you will need to use a new activation.

In short, yes it remembers.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

"The Activation Key is not valid any more due to significant changes of the computer hardware configuration"

Just upgraded my PC to play this game and now I can't unless I buy the game all over again? Is that my understanding... ED has not responded to my email nor my trouble ticket. Can anyone help..?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

"The Activation Key is not valid any more due to significant changes of the computer hardware configuration"

Just upgraded my PC to play this game and now I can't unless I buy the game all over again? Is that my understanding... ED has not responded to my email nor my trouble ticket. Can anyone help..?

You should be prompted to re-activate. Each license key includes 10 activations and de-activations. For more specific information you can reference the Quick Start Guide in your module's Doc folder ( <install path>\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\<module>\Doc or <install path>\DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Doc ) depending on which module(s) you have installed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Clear your registry of the relevant ED entries and see if that allows activation.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

How..? I do not know how to clear registry files...

Download and run this file with any browser other than IE:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/delete_all_activation_data.reg

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I cant download it, the link opens a Windows Media Player....????

Right click on it and chose 'Save link as...'

This is what I get.

RegEditing_zps16d508ba.jpg

Somehow, Windows has been told to open reg files with an MP3 player. You need to right click on the file and the select 'Open with...' then you will probably have to browse for your registry editor (regedit).

EDIT: You could also go to a command prompt, change to the folder where the file is and run 'regedit delete_all_activation_data.reg'

Edited by cichlidfan

Good deal. Glad I could help.