DCS World mod: Bad models overwrite

Since EDGE is on the way this mod will probably be quickly obsolete. Anyway, I got tired of removing bad models manually after every update. This mod is not finished, I have many more ideas, but it is not worth waiting until there is no need for a mod. Consider this work in progress and feel free to add or point me to more problematic models.

This mod was inspired by this topic http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=101491

It replaces problematic animated cranes with construction cranes, unoptimized railway car with better, replaces all sailboats and small ships with a boat.... All models are replaced with ingame models, I didn't create any of them.

You can test fps before/after in bigger ports like Novorosiysk. There are also models which should be deleted, but I don't know how to do that with JSGME. I will post a list later.

To install this mod you just unzip files in your JSGME mods folder or directly into DCS install folder and overwrite files.

More in post #2

crane.jpg.b0abceb350d099bd65053bab9315b665.jpg

Bad models overwrite.rar

Edited by Godzila

Thank you Milli for your reply. It helped me to further advance this mod.

This is more severe form of previous mod. It replaces only animated cranes and problematic railway car. It deletes all containers from ports, all storage silo's, all scenery boats, beach umbrellas and some scenery from storages near airports. Some of this stuff is not really needed, but it helps to get some free object count near problematic areas like airports.

This is a must for slow computers and a bit of a help for medium powered.

attachment.php?attachmentid=104179&d=1410119742

example.thumb.jpg.b5051f399772c34d4e15732f398e460d.jpg

Bad models overvrite&remove.rar

Edited by Godzila

Look in the Building_Textures.zip for konteiner_brown2.bmp.dds and in the Landtextures.zip for vorota-1.bmp.dds ;).

:)

Edited by Corrigan

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

• 3 months later...

Thanks Godzila. I missed this mod.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068