Lochini Tacan Missing

Snoopy

See image below, red box. 25X for Lochini. It was added to DCS World back around April or May of last year.

Launcher2015-01-2117-02-48-19_zps60fcb96e.png~original

I see, thanks

it's not in the navdata.txt, i think Tango will add it to navdata.txt later

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I'm sure he will, just a reminder because even the Hawk didn't have it initially.

hawk ILS has many issues, long time not see the update.

I have reported this internally. Thanks

see attached navdata.txt which includes tacan at lochini

navdata.txt

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I hope DCS2 makes it so aircraft modules can just request this data from the map module. Otherwise every plane module needs data entry updates for every new map, and in that case there will be a lot of these threads in the future.

• Like 1

I hope DCS2 makes it so aircraft modules can just request this data from the map module. Otherwise every plane module needs data entry updates for every new map, and in that case there will be a lot of these threads in the future.

The data is already available in form of a LUA table (Beacon.lua) and can be queried with a few lines of lua code. That the Hawk uses a custom storage method instead was a design decision, iirc, to allow the defintion of custom nav data.

• Like 1

Is ILS & VOR working? I cant seem to get any ILS slope so far, TACAN works good though.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've tried about 4 or 5 airports and I can't get any to work.

For exemple to get to Batumi I set the Nav radio freq to 110.30 MHz (Batumi ILS) and front dash board Nav button (HSI source selector) to VOR but I get nothing, no radio direction from afar, no ILS from up close, Nav red ribbon still on the left of HSI. I can't seem to get it working.

TACAN works fine though, I enter 16X on T/R mode (Batumi TACAN) and hit TAC instead of VOR on HSI source selector, I now get a radio direction on the Radio Magnetic Indicator (RMI) DME feedback and course deviation on the HSI as per normal.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is ILS & VOR working? I cant seem to get any ILS slope so far, TACAN works good though.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

For exemple to get to Batumi I set the Nav radio freq to 110.30 MHz (Batumi ILS) and front dash board Nav button (HSI source selector) to VOR but I get nothing, no radio direction from afar, no ILS from up close, Nav red ribbon still on the left of HSI. I can't seem to get it working.

TACAN works fine though, I enter 16X on T/R mode (Batumi TACAN) and hit TAC instead of VOR on HSI source selector, I now get a radio direction on the Radio Magnetic Indicator (RMI) DME feedback and course deviation on the HSI as per normal.

ILS And VOR work well. You can take the nav training mission and learn how to use VOR. ILS and VOR share same panel and similar operations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ILS And VOR work well. You can take the nav training mission and learn how to use VOR. ILS and VOR share same panel and similar operations

Yes I know how to use VOR thank you ^^. I can get VOR directions using the VOR frequencies found on the web, I can't get ILS to work is what I'm saying, I must be missing something in order for the ADI so give me ILS slope directions using the ILS frequency of a given Airport for the right Runway.

My Nav radio is on and tuned to ILS freq, the HSI source selector is on VOR yet I don't get anything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I know how to use VOR thank you ^^. I can get VOR directions using the VOR frequencies found on the web, I can't get ILS to work is what I'm saying, I must be missing something in order for the ADI so give me ILS slope directions using the ILS frequency of a given Airport for the right Runway.

My Nav radio is on and tuned to ILS freq, the HSI source selector is on VOR yet I don't get anything.

may I know which airfield ILS did you try?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm I might be wrong but I think Kutaisi 109.75 and Batumi 110.30.

you are correct, for kutaisi, the ILS course is 88 (radial 268), I can capture the signal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this working for you now, or are you still having issues?

Best regards,

Tango.

I'm still having issues, It's working fine on other A/C I just tried it on the A10-C on kutaisi 109.75. But I can't seem to get the yellow bars on the ADI to do with ILS landing. I'm probably missing a step or a switch somewhere ^^.

-I'm just turning on the ILS radio

-Input the ILS frequency

-make the HSI source VOR

-Align on the corresponding Runway (in this case 08 for Kutaisi)

I get the info on the HSI but no glide slope indicator on the ADI. Is there an uncage switch for the ADI yellow bars somehwere?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm still having issues, It's working fine on other A/C I just tried it on the A10-C on kutaisi 109.75. But I can't seem to get the yellow bars on the ADI to do with ILS landing. I'm probably missing a step or a switch somewhere ^^.

-I'm just turning on the ILS radio

-Input the ILS frequency

-make the HSI source VOR

-Align on the corresponding Runway (in this case 08 for Kutaisi)

I get the info on the HSI but no glide slope indicator on the ADI. Is there an uncage switch for the ADI yellow bars somehwere?

glide slop on HSI, red caret on the right side of HSI

to use the glide slope on ADI, you need to work on the Flight Computer first.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

glide slop on HSI, red caret on the right side of HSI

to use the glide slope on ADI, you need to work on the Flight Computer first.

Yes I just can't get the ADI feedback, my mistake was to expect the ADI yellow bars like in other aircrafts to work on the get go.

I'll have to find a manual somewhere to teach myself about that flight director panel then. thx!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I just can't get the ADI feedback, my mistake was to expect the ADI yellow bars like in other aircrafts to work on the get go.

I'll have to find a manual somewhere to teach myself about that flight director panel then. thx!

WIP!

In the meantime, you can either manually press VOR/LOC and GS (when you have a valid signal) or press APP ARM (the button between those two) that will ARM approach mode, and will auto-engage when the signals become valid and within parameters.

That is all there is to it! :D

If you don't want it any more, or made a mistake, just press STBY then press APP ARM again.

Best regards,

Tango.

For ADI, you can find a flight computer keypad on the right lower side of central panel:

And you can choose to display required info on ADI by pressing corresponding button.

IIRC, there is a glideslope or GS button there

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys, I'll check it out and get familiar with the flight director. I did a few instrument landings in pitch black night already so even without that it's still very playable. :)

see the config on the right lower corner

KutasiILS_101jpg_zpsxpd3bntp.jpg

figure from http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2300435&postcount=11

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]