Air valve bug, perhaps?

OneFatBird

Yeah, really like this add on! However, perhaps another small bug discovered immediately. Sitting on the parking ramp, before start up, and while familiarizing myself with cockpit for the first flight;

I turned off the air valve (note, not the oxygen supply, but the tap on the mixer unit, LH side) and within a few seconds blacked out hypoxic-hypoxia style. I don't believe for a minute that at sea level, with the canopy open, this should happen.

Check it out; happens whenever you turn off the valve, any altitude.

Disregard and erase post if this is already noted or reported, please. And of course, thanks for the Mig 15!

In manual (RU) I read than the pilot always has "virtual" oxygen mask on his face. So it looks like it isnt a bug but special effects if the pilot lost a breath in this situation.

But... Id like to see 3D model of oxygen mask (finally) on pilot's face and its a good idea for future patch - animation of on/off oxygen mask and keys shortcuts for this.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The way I understand it, the KP-14 provides the pilot with a mix (automatically adjusted for altitude) of oxygen from the oxygen tank and air from the cabin. If you close the air valve, the KP-14 can only provide oxygen, as long as the oxygen valve is open and there's oxygen left in the tank. If both valves are closed or the oxygen valve is open, but you've used up all the oxygen from the tank, well, there's nothing left for the pilot to breathe, is there? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I also say it is 180° turned wrong right now.

The air valve has a writing on it stating "ЗАРК" (close) position being backwards, so the forward position is indeed open.

But if you check the oxygen flow indicator you will notice that currently it only indicates air flow while having the valve put to the announced close position.

So either it is bugged right now or the air valve is to be interpreted to close the cabin air supply, therefore enabling the oxygen flow which then gets indicated.

So either it is bugged right now or the air valve is to be interpreted to close the cabin air supply, therefore enabling the oxygen flow which then gets indicated.

That's what I think happens. With the air valve open (forward), the oxygen will flow, but only at altitude. Closing it will force the KP-14 to feed you pure oxygen even on the ground. Seems logical.

Also the label makes sense if you look at the arrow below. It's not supposed to mean "closed" but rather "rotate this way to close".

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Imp and YoYo. What was getting me was what YoYo suggested;

The pilot has not got the AI to take off his own mask when stopped with engine shut down and cockpit open sitting on the ground, so he is consequently suffocating himself when the oxygen is off and the mixer unit is "closed". I am satisfied that it is not a bug now, just an action (ie; mask removal) that is not being done. Hence, absolutely right.

There's another thread about this I just found, so I will put further comments there. Thanks again.