[REPORTED]Render3D

Blooze

I want to disable 3D rendering on my server PC but changing the entry to false in the graphics.lua file for render3D does not change it as it did in 1.2 Is there a way to force that change by creating a file in the saved games folder or by any other means?

Edited by BIGNEWY

Example autoexec.cfg:

options.graphics.maxfps = 30

options.graphics.render3D = false

options.graphics.ScreenshotQuality = 75

-- add custom texture path

-- note the slashes!

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "c:/Users/<LOGIN>/Saved Games/DCS/MyTextures")

like that ?

render3D option seem to be not working in 1.5.

The whole file doesn't work in 1.5 I tried it to cap my FPS, with the attempt to maybe prevent such a drastic FPS drop with the A-10C bugs. All I found was when a max FPS of say 60 FPS. While in game the FPS would max out at whatever FPS my card provided say 120 FPS.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

• 2 weeks later...

Seem like a work around for me is to repair windows c++ redistributable using the version that came with the DCS install. Most of the time when I repair the redistributable DCS fires right up but fail a restart.

I'm still using the render3d=false settings and settings from a test workstation with graphics set to the lowest settings.

But this is still not 100%