Dive Bombing Precision Mode

MBot

I am having troubles with the Dive Bombing Precision Mode.

attachment.php?attachmentid=157299&stc=1&d=1487190685

Initial sight picture (trigger safe).

attachment.php?attachmentid=157300&stc=1&d=1487190685

Trigger unsafe.

attachment.php?attachmentid=157301&stc=1&d=1487190685

Wings. Pressing trigger now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=157302&stc=1&d=1487190685

Trigger pressed and held.

attachment.php?attachmentid=157303&stc=1&d=1487190685

Bombs land long.

Anyone having more success with this mode?

I think it's more of a Dive-Toss mode. At least it works better that way - if you pull up with 4Gs at trigger pull, it's quite accurate.

The technique as in the manual is slightly contradictory and unclear in it's description.

The 'quick' mode seems to be a pure dive delivery though. Maybe it's just a bit bugged - seems to be issues with a fair number of things. I hope time and effort goes into supporting this module for some time, it's the only module that's caught my interest since the A10.

PLAN Level release and NAV TOSS are all also landing behind the target.

Yes, agreed. I've just done about a dozen runs with PLAN level with the low 200m safety altitude and all the drops landed about 60 - 100m beyond the target. It does seem to have the same error in the DIVE modes as well.

These modes would be very sensitive to a correct QFE setting, but even so there seems to be a problem somewhere.

Weirdly the NAV RR bomb mode seems to drop much more accurately. My couple of runs with that were dead on.

With a bit of further playing around, I've had a bit of success with PLAN level. I think the long bombs are partly down to user error.

The Level bomb (and Toss, even more so) mode is very sensitive to the trigger unsafe / target marking point. However, it's quite difficult to judge the trigger unsafe moment due to the long slant ranges and viewing angle associated with a level delivery. If you try to adhere to the 200m safe altitude setting it makes it even more confusing and difficult......

Generally the steeper the dive angle when you 'unsafe' the better the results. I don't exactly know if this is down to the inherent design in the Viggen's systems, or incorrectly modeled sim stuff....

I think the pipper tells where the middle of the bomb string will hit.

For me Level bombing is quite accurate, though these results where before the drag adjustments in the latest update.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.