[Cockpit++] Android application for DCS

astazou

Hello guys,

Today is a big day for me, I publish Cockpit++, the Android application to get some panel on your device.

----------- Current panel working in the app -----------

- PCA for Mirage 2000C by Razbam

- PPA for Mirage 2000C by Razbam

- RWR for F-15C by ED

- INS for Mirage 2000C by Razbam

- INS Knobs for Mirage 2000C by Razbam

- Armament panel for Huey by BelSimTek

- Nozzle panel for the AV8-B n/a Harrier by Razbam

- VVI for the A-10C by Eagle Dynamics

- HSI for the A-10C by Eagle Dynamics

- EMIs for the A-10C by Eagle Dynamics

- Radar management panel for the Mig-21Bis by Leatherneck Simulations

Here is the Playstore link :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.astazou.cockpitplusplus

if you prefer, here is the QRcode access :

IRCjwgI.png

----------- How to install the app ? ----------

1) Install the app and download the Cockpit++.lua

from here : https://github.com/CockpitPP/CockpitPP_lua/archive/master.zip

2) Go in C:\Users\yourUser\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts folder (create if not exists)

3) Open the Export.lua file (create it if not exist) and add the line:

local Cockpitpp=require('lfs');dofile(Cockpitpp.writedir()..'Scripts/Cockpit++.lua')

if you don't know how to create the Export.lua file, you can take the one you downloaded with Cockpit++.lua

4) In the same folder, add the file Cockpit++.lua

You should have this:

zjuduwr.jpg

5) Open the Cockpit++.lua and add the IP address of your Android phone (You will find the Android IP in the Cockpit++ application, in "settings", you must be connected by wifi on the same network than your computer)

Trick: the LUA files must be saved before you launch DCS

For example, if you Android IP is 192.168.0.12, you must write:

eRd3ffQ.jpg

Of course you can use several Android devices in the same time, just add other Android IP if you want to use Cockpit++ with more than 1 device:

n2lfOKl.jpg

6) In the app, go to "Settings", add your computer's IP and the two ports which are in the Cockpit++.lua

To get you computer's IP, you have to do:

- Windows touch + "R"

- a window appear, type "cmd" and press "ok"

- a console window appears, type "ipconfig" and press enter

- you get your Ipv4 address (IP address)

- then, copy this IP in the "Settings" of the app, after that your Android will be able to send command to DCS when you will press a button on the app

7) Now start a mission, remove the pause, startup your plane and it should work :)

(the connection between the game and your phone will work only if you are on game without the "pause")

8 )Not working? check the previous steps and/or restart the app

9) Still not working? Then go in "Not working?" in the app, you will have some ideas of possible problems with the solution :)

Good flight sir! O7

If you need help and/or you want to contribute*, join us on our Discord server:

fZFR2Yf.jpg

By the way, contributors can access to the source now:

> The sources <

And here is the tuto to learn how to make a panel on Android : https://github.com/CockpitPP/Cockpit...he-Android-app

*Contribute: coding, translate in different language, testing, ...

Here is an example of the Mirage 2000C's PCA :

znPEqsy.jpg

Edited by astazou
more instruction

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

Well, I've done everything correctly, but it doesn't work for me. Any ideas? And please, don't tell me to check once again, because I've done that couple of times, with no luck...

Have you firewalls on your computer? It could be a problem

Another idea: do you have a rooted Android which by default could disable permission access? (internet permission is used for the UDP)

If the problem persists I invite you to pm me, I will ask you more information to try to solve the problem.

I'm "interested" in problems to make the solution more stable, and if necessary add more explanations in the app

See ya

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

I cant find it on playstore, is there something I should be doing?

I also dont have the scripts folder.

Thanks

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

if you type "cockpit astazou", can you find it?

if not, just flash this QRcode:

IRCjwgI.png

That's interesting, I thought the folder was created by default when you install DCS

Try to create it ;)

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

Yeah that was it! Thanks

What panels can I pull up? Huey ones?

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Yeah that was it! Thanks

What panels can I pull up? Huey ones?

;)

Huey, for now nothing, but I ''need" this amarment panel, so... it will be probably the next panel :music_whistling:, I want to ask to Belsimtek first if I can do it :)

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

Thanks

i found that folder on the Game's directory, the export.lua is there too... so maybe... btw: im about to try if it works.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

I was really wrong lol, i just created the folder "scripts" on saved games game's folder.

But i found a problem,

It was working perfect but then i taked another plane... (Control + E E E to eject) and then respawn in another M2000. after leaving my first mirage, the app went to not connected.

pd: Restarting the mission makes it connect again.

Edited by shonist

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

But i found a problem,

It was working perfect but then i taked another plane... (Control + E E E to eject) and then respawn in another M2000. after leaving my first mirage, the app went to not connected.

pd: Restarting the mission makes it connect again.

Thank you for your feedback

I already made tests like this, switching betweens planes (online or alone), I didn't noticed this problem, I'm gonna investigate, maybe a timeout problem in the udp (I thought by default it was infinite).

I will check that this weekend and keep you in touch ;)

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

i found that folder on the Game's directory, the export.lua is there too... so maybe... btw: im about to try if it works.

if you use this folder (game's directory instead of user's directory), at the next DCS update, this file could disappear and you would have to reset the .lua

so I invite you to use C:\Users\yourUser\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts folder

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

I did everything said by the instruction and it doesn't want to connect :(

Yes I unblocked ports on my router firewall.

:helpsmilie:

Scripts.zip

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

I did everything said by the instruction and it doesn't want to connect :(

Yes I unblocked ports on my router firewall.

:helpsmilie:

Hi Pedro, I gave a look in your Cockpit++.lua, it seems there is IP addresses I setted by default (192.168.0.10 and 192.168.0.14), are you sure you Android device give you the same IP address? (in the app, go in "Settings" when you are on the wifi, you will see your Android IP ;) )

• Like 1

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

Hi Pedro, I gave a look in your Cockpit++.lua, it seems there is IP addresses I setted by default (192.168.0.10 and 192.168.0.14), are you sure you Android device give you the same IP address? (in the app, go in "Settings" when you are on the wifi, you will see your Android IP ;) )

Works like a charm :) I was putting my own pc ip address there instead of my android device ip XD silly me.

Once again, This app is what we all have been waiting for for ages. Keep doing this magnificent work and I am looking forward to see more funcionality (INS, etc. etc.).

BRAVO Astazou!!! :thumbup:

+1

Edited by =Pedro=

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Just an FYI: I'm presently in the process of implementing network video streaming of UltraMFCD exports. The idea is that any network connected device/app etc can easily consume them with minimum fuss, so that could include Cockpit++ if you so desire.

That would be awesome!

I still have some priority (make documentation to make the project opensource, some other panels, stability of the app)

But just after, it could be a very interesting merge of projects

I'm still going strong to solve my problem, and because of that I have an idea. You should try to add possibility to connect your phone/tablet via USB.

The idea is interesting, thx for sharing. but I can't promise anyting for now because I don't have any knowledge about communication with USB, so I don't realize how much work it could be. But I like the idea and I add it to my TODOlist

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

There would be no merging of projects required. I'm making the streaming protocol so easy to consume that you could probably get it to work on a modern graphing calculator, let alone an Android/iOS device. :D

I'm going ahead with early Alpha PC <-> PC streaming now, but if at any time in the future somebody wanted to include uMFCD streams in their app they'd already be available.

That would be awesome!

I still have some priority (make documentation to make the project opensource, some other panels, stability of the app)

But just after, it could be a very interesting merge of projects

The idea is interesting, thx for sharing. but I can't promise anyting for now because I don't have any knowledge about communication with USB, so I don't realize how much work it could be. But I like the idea and I add it to my TODOlist

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Keep the UDP. UltraMFCD will be broadcasting a small "heartbeat" status message on UDP broadcast. You will be able to look at that message and decide whether you want to engage TCP to download a stream. It's designed to be stateless, so there's no complicated negotiation involved, no syncing of framerates, no complicated streaming media types...

Calculator-grade.

:)

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

• 3 months later...

Hello pilots, I'm back with an update!

You will find three new features in the app, you get data from DCS, and you can press buttons to control the panels from your Android

the armament panel of the Huey:

uSByNP3.png

The INS for the M 2000C

WIHXGjG.png

And the INS knobs for the M 2000C

Nf3M2S5.png

For this update, please, update the LUA, or the app' will not work anymore (need to update it to enjoy the news features ;) )

If you are a new user, you will find every links/info on the first message of this thread ;)

my next goals are :

- finish to make the project openSource

- create a Discord server to help users with the app' (installation isn't easy, but hard to do easier...), to help future contributors, and for testers. (The server already secretely exists and will be shared when it will be ready ;) )

Enjoy the app!

Astazou

Edited by astazou

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place