How on earth do I get the radios to work?

Cowboy10uk

Hi guys, I’m having a slight issue with the radios, I can’t for the life of me get them to talk to anyone.

I’ve programmed the correct freq into the mission manager for my tankers.

131,132 & 133 MHz on comm 1, I turn on radio, select relevant preset on ufc, it shows correct freq, I select comm 1 on my hotas and transmit, I get nothing whatsoever.

Same happens when I try and contact tower.

Anyone any ideas, or am I just being an idiot. I just can’t see where I’m going wrong.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

You don't. At least not for now. The radios are not working yet. They will be implemented with a later update. You have to use easy comms for now.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You don't. At least not for now. The radios are not working yet. They will be implemented with a later update. You have to use easy comms for now.

Ahhhhh that would explain a lot, thought I was just being stupid. :doh:

Cheers mate

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Seems the preset on comm2 in ME are the comm1 and the only working radio.

I never use easy com.

Ok so Comm 2 to ME to get comms up, is that right.

Don’t really want to have to keep going into settings switching easy comms on and off all the time, as generally I don’t use it.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the Up Front Controller (UFC) place your mouse over comm 1 or 2 and move the mouse wheel. This should change channel presets. Different frequencies will be displayed.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

On the Up Front Controller (UFC) place your mouse over comm 1 or 2 and move the mouse wheel. This should change channel presets. Different frequencies will be displayed.

You're right, the radio does work... kind off. :D

It seems that only the Comms 1 works, and that it is tied to the "V/UHF Radio 2" presets from the Mission Editor.

So, in order to get the radio to work, set the preset frequencies in ME for V/UHF Radio 2, and use Comms 1.

You're right, the radio does work... kind off. :D

It seems that only the Comms 1 works, and that it is tied to the "V/UHF Radio 2" presets from the Mission Editor.

So, in order to get the radio to work, set the preset frequencies in ME for V/UHF Radio 2, and use Comms 1.

What I said, at least tried to say :smilewink:

• Like 1

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

That's interesting, because the pocket guide says that they are not implemented yet and easy comms have to be used for now, so I didn't even bother to try them.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg