Who deploys Chaff & flares

Eaglewings

Just curious, whose responsibility it is to deploy countermeasures ( Chaff and flares), Jester or the pilot.

I would like to have Jester manage the countermeasures system because he does excellently at his RIO office taking care of things during combat.

I haven't seen any video where Chaff and flares were deployed so I am wondering.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Just curious, whose responsibility it is to deploy countermeasures ( Chaff and flares), Jester or the pilot.

I would like to have Jester manage the countermeasures system because he does excellently at his RIO office taking care of things during combat.

I have seen any video where Chaff and flares were deployed so I am wondering.

You can tell Jester via the Jester menu whether you want him to deploy either flares & chaff, or just chaff. I definitely saw that in one video, not sure right now which one it was. But Jester has a CMS sub-menu on the Jester Wheel where you can set that up.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

You can tell Jester via the Jester menu whether you want him to deploy either flares & chaff, or just chaff. I definitely saw that in one video, not sure right now which one it was. But Jester has a CMS sub-menu on the Jester Wheel where you can set that up.
I hope this instruction is not only passed to Jester at the heat of combat.

I will like a situation where the duty of managing deployment of Chaff and flares is handed off to Jester perhaps at fence-in times.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I hope this instruction is not only passed to Jester at the heat of combat.

I will like a situation where the duty of managing deployment of Chaff and flares is handed off to Jester perhaps at fence-in times.

Don't worry it's fully automated. Once you tell him to handle all countermeasuers he will use them depending on the situation at hand, as best he can. (Remember though that if he can't "see" an IR missile launch, he won't fire a flare)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The RIO can do Flares and Chaff

The pilot can only do 1 or the other depending on a RIO setting. The pilot has 1 button DLC engage/disengage which will dispense the selected CM type set by the rio when wheels are up (DLC can only be engaged when wheels are out)

So, typically rio does chaff and flare and sets up the pilot to be able to do flares. But if the RIO wants the pilot to do chaff he can set that up, but needs to remember to flip to flares before the pilot needs them if he isnt going to engage them ;)

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord