[FIXED] RB74 shows up as AIM-9M and smokes.

Airhunter

So, since a couple updates the RB24J is smokeless and the RB74 is now smoky and shows up as an AIM-9M in game, while it technically should be an AIM-9L. I hope this gets fixed soon as the most viable missile now has a smoketrail that is super easy to spot.

Screen_190813_235223.thumb.png.1f5ea10aa16ed6e9405fe257745dc874.png

• 1 month later...

Can this finally be adressed by someone? Heatseekers have been broken/wrong for a while now. The RB24J flies like an AIM-9L and is smokeless while the RB-74 flies like the AIM-9J and smokes, which should be quite the other way around. RB74 is also reduced smoke, like the 9L.

I wish there would be an IronMike for the Viggen too... :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got your pm bud, I'll make sure we take a look at it.

We actually adjusted both missiles to be as they should with Jedi and Ragnar quite a while ago (last year), so it surprises me to see that this now happens.

Flight behavior should be still correct though, yes? Only visible representation?

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We actually adjusted both missiles to be as they should with Jedi and Ragnar quite a while ago (last year), so it surprises me to see that this now happens.

Flight behavior should be still correct though, yes? Only visible representation?

I haven't noticed any inaccuracies with the flight model, but I'm no expert in this. The RB-24 seems to still be rear aspect only, so that seems to be correct as well, unlike the smoke behaviour.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Flight behaviour yes, only visually it looks off or has lack of or too much smoke. If you need any help with testing and stuff I'd be happy to assist.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Yes, you are right. Rb74 = 9L = smoke. We're good here. No bug.

My confusion since we have seen both smoke and smokeless.

Yes, they were smokeless in the past, which was wrong. Then the smoke got flipped with the 9J's.

ALL GOOD: :thumbup: