[RESOLVED]VR issue :(

OzDeaDMeaT

Hi guys,

I am getting an issue with the latest Beta of DCS World (2.5.5.35461).

The issue I am experiencing is an intermittent hitching followed by an Oculus Re-center (often outside of my vehicle)

I have checked my drivers are all up to date, other games seem to work without issue.

The performance is butter smooth except for when the game hitches. Sometimes it doesn't reset the center point, other times it does. It happens both in Multiplayer and in Single Player.

System Specs are:

CPU: i7-5930K

M/B: Asus X99-Deluxe (BIOS ver. 3902)

RAM: 128GB - Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD128GX4M8A2666C15

Video Card: EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC Hybrid Gaming (11G-P4-2384)

VR: Oculus Rift S

Controls: Warthog Stick & Throttle, CH Pedals

Edited by OzDeaDMeaT

CPU: i9-12900K @ 4.9Ghz

M/B: MSI MEG z690 Ace

RAM: 128GB

Video Card: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X

VR: Varjo Aero

• ED Team

Hi

I dont have the Rift S to check sorry, is it a tracking issue with the rift S?

Do you have enough light in the room, it can help sometimes.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Also might try a Repair of the Oculus software, download the installer for Rift and when launched choose repair. All your settings/saved games in Oculus stay in tact.

Sometimes this can fix odd issues.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi

I dont have the Rift S to check sorry, is it a tracking issue with the rift S?

Do you have enough light in the room, it can help sometimes.

Yeah room is well lit, that was something i noticed when i first got the Rift S, that the tracking is dogshit without the lights on. Good suggestion though. :thumbup:

Also might try a Repair of the Oculus software, download the installer for Rift and when launched choose repair. All your settings/saved games in Oculus stay in tact.

Sometimes this can fix odd issues.

good call, I will give it a go shortly and get back to you if this fixes the problem.

!!SOLVED!!

OK, I managed to solve my problem.

I did a number of things, I can't tell you specifically what it was that fixed the problem, but I guess start from the least impacting change to you and work down the list.

Firstly I disabled Windows Update from installing Drivers in the future. (I suspect this was the problem)

- Run gpedit.msc
- Browse to "Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update"
- Find setting called "Do not include drivers with Windows Update" and enable it.
- Restart you PC

1. I re-installed my motherboard USB 3.1 drivers, due to Windows Update Driver being installed

2. Cleared the "metashaders2" & "fxo" from Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

3. I updated my video card drivers to 436.30 (clean install), due to Windows Update Driver being installed

4. After driver install I set Low Latency Mode to "On"

5. Disabled MalwareBytes from scanning DCS Folder

6. I uninstalled oculus software and re-installed it.

7. Updated my m/b BIOS to the latest version

The issue only occurred in DCS, I have since played a number of hours without a single issue both in single and multiplayer.

I hope what I have suggested works for you.