[CHECKING] Radar Acquisition PRF Issues

ExNusquam

When attempting to enter STT on a target there are issues with how the radar is commanded. When there is a TUC, the radar should be commanded to the PRF that the track was last detected on when attempting to enter STT. However, currently what happens is:

In manual acquisition, if the current PRF setting cannot detect the target, the radar goes into a search raster. If INTL PRF is selected, the TUC will be detected and the radar will enter STT.

In FastACQ (Sensor Select towards ATK RDR page with L&S or TUC), the radar enters STT with the current elevation bar PRF. If the current elevation Bar PRF cannot detect the target, the track goes into MEM immediately.

FastACQ_PRF_Incorrect.trk

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, Mongoose83 said:

Came here from the locked topic "Target locks for BVR, RWS or TWS keep and keep disappearing for no reason".

ETA for a fix?

Exactly. I've had this problem with the Hornet radar for years. It certainly doesn't and can't behave like that in real life. They keep disappearing and reappearing over and over again. I'm also surprised this bug hasn't been fixed yet. 

Edited by Flia
  • Like 1

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Have you increased the brick ageout time? Its bugged right now that the brick fade timer is controlling how long a track file lives in the radar's memory. The default ageout for the AIM-120 is 4 seconds. Try increasing it to 8 or 16 and tracks should last longer.

• Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

15 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

Have you increased the brick ageout time? Its bugged right now that the brick fade timer is controlling how long a track file lives in the radar's memory. The default ageout for the AIM-120 is 4 seconds. Try increasing it to 8 or 16 and tracks should last longer.

Yes, I was told that and thank you!

Now to tell the other 10 Hornet drivers on the MP servers to change their AMRAAM's default age-out time before they rage quit, well, now that's the problem.