FC2 Airports

I've compiled a list of airports as they are memorized in autopilot, and showed on HUD in Su-25T. I do not know how to create a table in vBulletin code, so below is a short list, with numbers, names and RWY directions.

For a full list with altitudes and other information, please visit:

List of Airports in FC2

I plan to expand list with rwy lengths and a small map with general airports disposition.

If someone can create (or already has) aerial/map views of airports, please post here so I could add those.

PS - I've found three small airfields that are not on airport list, two near Kutaisi, and one near Kobuleti. I will try to add them to the list.

Cheers!

AP No - Airport - RWY

1 - Anapa - 04

2 - Krasnodar-Center - 27

3 - Novorossiysk - 22

4 - Krymsk - 22

5 - Maykop-Khanskaya - 22

6 - Gelendzhik - 22

7 - Sochi-Adler - 24

8 - Krasnodar-Pashkovskiy - 05L

9 - Sukhumi - 30

10 - Gudauta - 33

11 - Batumi - 31

12 - Tskhaya - 09

13 - Kobuleti - 07

14 - Kutaisi - 08

15 - Mineralnye Vody - 30

16 - Nalchick - 06

Edited by Renato71
  • Like 3

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Nice work. Tnx.

• Like 1

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

I've found out several strange things...

1) What is called Kutaisi in FC, in reality is Kutaisi-Kopitnari.

2) Kutaisi has another airport, and that one is called Kutaisi-West. Also, that airport is one of those three that are represented, but not fully functional (ILS and NAV not working).

3) Kutaisi has one more airport, more in a class of airfield, and thats the one close to the center of the city, but I was no table to learn whats it called. Next it was WW2 memorial

4) What is called Tskhakaya in FC, it seems that in reality it is Senaki.

5) What is called Kobuleti in FC, in reality is called as Ozurgeti or Meria, depending on the source, but never Kobuleti.

6) Kobuleti has one more airport, also more in a class of airfield, also close to the town, also not functional in FC (rwys in a shape f Andrew Cross), and it is called only as Kobuleti.

While searching for those three airports/airfields, I found out several more airfields that are present in part of Georgia that is portrayed in FC2: Poti, Mestia, Yessentuki (near Nalchik in CIS), and Zugdidi. The last one is closed and in sat pics it is totally ruined. Then I found more airfields and more airports in CIS part of the map. Full list here:

http://www.ourairports.com/search?q=Zugdidi&mode=&show=

And, while trying to locate for a spot where airport in Poti should be located, I've realized that whole city is very poorly detailed comparing to some other sections of the map.

And, all airports are totally flat, while in reality some have about 20 m diff in height between ends (those few that I've crosschecked with IATA data).

So, this makes me wonder, what was the criteria to portray some airports, and not the other? They do not have to be functional (ILS, NAV, maintenance), but it would be helluva kick just have them as a interesting targets, or in case of emergency. Or simply as a NAV point.

Edited by Renato71

Contact via PM.

That's fine. Btw. does anybody know capacity of each airfield, i mean number of aircrafts that can take off from? Because in FC1.12 if you put more aircrafts to the airfield they will explode on runway.

Thanks.

LockOn SVK Squad bomber.

"Flight sim is not about to know everything about aircraft, but to know which button must be pressed in crucial time." - dead virtual pilot

I read in your explaination that Batumi has two runaways, and the second is perpendicular to the first one ? I don't remember that, can you please add some information ?

Anyway this map is just great, I'll print it to have it on my knees during flight

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

Good job, thanks Renato.

• Like 1

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Thnx all, will try do make more maps if time permits...

@Raimir - Please check a topic started by Grimes: FC2 Spawns Per Base

I read in your explaination that Batumi has two runaways, and the second is perpendicular to the first one ? I don't remember that, can you please add some information ?

Anyway this map is just great, I'll print it to have it on my knees during flight

Well, its a small rwy, only 1000m long. In sat pics it looks like its closed, covered by thick layer of grass, and intersected by some maintenance road. But in FC2 it looks usable.

Thats kinda curios in comparison with Zugdidi, which is in same condition.

I wanted to make English version of the map, but I merged all layers and then saved the file, so I have to start from scratch, but it had to be done anyway :)

PS - here are two pics of Batumi, from googlemaps and from FC2, and a link to wikimap

PS2 - I used this webiste to locate airports, and then crosschecked with wikimap:

http://www.fallingrain.com/apts/30728.html

PS 3 - here is link to Poti, but airfield is not added as a place to wiki. It is to the east of small lake, quite small.

PS 4 - The smaller airfield in Kutaisi is next to the placemark Exploding "Memorial of military glory" (that was blown up recently with very tragic consequences), Coordinates: 42°15'49"N 42°39'25"E.

It may as well be a parade ground for all I know, but in FC2 mission editor it appears/disappears when you toggle airports...

batumi_1.jpg.aeb8393acd41b5599b44423b25bbe296.jpg

batumi_2.jpg.db8573c2133b7a7cba833742daad8fa2.jpg

Edited by Renato71

Contact via PM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

According to the 26 Aug 2010 ICAO aerodrome chart, Batumi only has one runway. Maykop however has two parallel runways and a heliport according to the most recent aerodrome chart I could find (2007), something not reflected in the game.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

FC2's PDF manual states that smaller airports were intentionally left out of the simulation.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files