MIG29 Fuel Indication Bug

IvanK

The MIG29 Fuel system Indications in FC2 are bugged. The Fuel gauges now only ever show 3500Kgs of fuel even when carrying external tanks. The correct Fuel is there ok but just not being indicated correctly.

The gauge sits at 3500 until external transfer is complete, then the gauges start dropping.

In FC1.12 the MIG29 fuel system worked just fine as it should and external fuel transfer could be monitored as shown in the jpg below.

Mig29fuel.jpg

Please fix this bug .

The JPG I posted in the previous post illustrates how it worked in FC1.12 ... are you saying that was incorrect and that the system in FC2 is correct ? .... if so I dont agree.

What I am saying is this. The Fuel transfer sequence is basically Centreline external tank, then Wing External tanks then wing Internal tanks then Fuselage internal tanks.

Take the situation with 3 External tanks.

Total Fuel quantity is 6300Kg (approx) The Tapes on the Fuel gauges show this quantity.

int.jpg

As fuel feeds from the external Centreline tank tanks the gauges drop to 5200Kg (approx) the centreline external tank being empty the end of Transfer light illuminates. (External Centreline can be jettisoned if desired since its now empty)

Fulcrumclempty.jpg

The gauges then continue to drop as fuel is feed from the external wing tanks When the external wing tanks are empty The fuel guage reads 3400Kg (approx)

External Wing tanks can now be jettisoned if required since they are now empty).

Fulcrumextempty.jpg

It did exactly this in FC1.12. These images were taken in FC1.12b

Here is an extract from the German MIG29 Flight Manual after they were modified to carry external wing tanks. As such this is the same Fuel system as the MIG29S.

Mig29fuel2.jpg

Edited by IvanK

The JPG I posted in the previous post illustrates how it worked in FC1.12 ... are you saying that was incorrect and that the system in FC2 is correct ? .... if so I dont agree.

That is what is being said. You have to trust developers went over all relevant documentation and not just googled info. It's probably a matter of the version of the MiG in Lock On.

Well the Flight Manual isn't a google search !

As you can read the revised fuel guage has an expanded scale to display the additional contents that the Wing drop tanks provide. If the gauge only displayed internal fuel then why would they increase the display scale ?

I think the developers did go over all the releveant documentation.... they got it right in FC1.12. Something changed in FC2 and I think it is incorrect.

The Flight manual clearly describes the process of Refuelling with external tanks. In this section of the flight manual refrence is made to resetting the Fuel quantity indication to include the fuel in the external tanks. Here is the relevant section:

29fuel2.jpg

And a little more from the MIG29 Flight Manual:

29fuel3.jpg

And an image here of a MIG29 cockpit with the fuel guage tapes showing 5900Kg loaded

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6281804

viewphoto.php?id=6281804Again I say FC1.12 had it right, its wrong in FC2

Devs want to chime in ?

Edited by IvanK

Another example. If you start the Mission Mig29 Air to Ground Weapons practice. You are loaded with a centreline Fuel tank. Before you un pause the mission the Fuel guage indicates correctly (i.e. 4700Kg).

As soon as you un pause the Tape drops instantly to 3500Kg....i.e the wrong quantity.

Fuel29three.jpg

• 6 months later...

IvanK

This was an excellent thread. I was looking for a long time to find out about this fuel indicator bug. What I did find out was it is no bug.

Below is my original post:

MIG-29S in Flaming Cliffs 2:

When loading external fuel tanks you will not see an increase over the internal fuel level on the fuel guage, you will see only the internal fuel amount no more.

I tested the fuel guage with locon 1.12 with the MIG-29 and the fuel guage shows the exact amount of fuel including the external tanks.

Upon further study, I noticed there are light indicators that tell the pilot when the external tanks are empty [which helps].

Locon Tech got back to me:

From Tez (Alexander Sobol) at 07.12.2010 08:49:32

"Mig-29S fuel indicator doesn't count amount of fuel in external tank. So we brought our sim a little closer to reality."

Can someone please explain in detail how the 4 fuel guage lights work and what the letters/numbers n-kp-3-1 stand for.

Thank you.

Edited by fitness88

• 11 months later...

Bump for possible re assessment for FC3.

I still believe its bugged in that as per Luftwaffe Flight Manual external fuel qty is displayed by the tape. The relevant documentation to support this case is earlier in the thread.

Light indications are also explained in that post

While working on my (as yet unreleased) moving map/flight computer tool I noticed from the 'export.lua' functionality [LoGetEngineInfo()] that the fuel flow for aircraft seems to be off by a factor of 10.

Once I adjusted for this factor (dunno where it comes from) then the flow matches observation.

I noticed this on the MiG-29S, but I think it affects all aircraft.

After revisiting this subject and rereading the Luftwaffe Flight manual here is my opinion of how the fuel quantity system should display for all possible fuel configurations, based on F34 Fuel.

mig29fuelfeeds4.jpg

This was based on this chart in the Luftwaffe manual:

mig29gfuelqty.jpg

The S model Fulcrum might have a little more gas in the hump or spine. In addition after modification to carry wing drop tanks the new fuel gauge had an additional "End of Transfer" light added to the left hand side. It would be nice for this to be incorporated but I figure we could live without it. Same thing goes with the functionality of the T & P switch below the tapes. Just model it as in the P position to the right.

Edited by IvanK
  • Like 1