wingman AI problems with 1.02

slug88

Unfortunately, it seems that the problems with Ka-50 AI wingmen that were introduced with 1.01 have persisted into 1.02. They are the following:

1. When given a Hold order, the wingman will awknowledge the order, but he will continue to drift past his current location forever.

2. When given a Datalink Ingress Point in conjunction with a Datalink Target Point, the wingman will fly over the ingress point as he should, but instead of hovering there or moving into range, he will keep moving and fly directly over the Target Point (usually getting shot down in the process). When given an Attack Ground Targets or similar command, without Datalink points, he will hover at standoff range as he should.

3. When ordered to Go To Datalink Point, he will fly over the point, but instead of hovering there, will again forever drift along his current heading.

In short, it seems the Ka-50 wingmen have forgotten how to hover (except, as noted, when you give them a very general Attack Ground Targets command). If necessary I can provide v1.02 tracks demonstrating all three behaviors.

Is the dev team aware of this problem? And, if so, are there plans on correcting it? This bug really takes a lot of fun out of the single player experience. Version 1.00 allowed for some pretty sophisticated tactics with the use of Ingress Points and overwatch positions, but now the AI is basically only useful as an extra source of ammo. I hope that a fix is planned.

• 1 month later...

Any news on a update for these problems? They still seem to happen to me and I was hoping they would get fixed :cry:.

I know you devs are busy with the A-10 but there are very real bugs that make AI a bit less useful. I cant get my wingmen to go to any datalink point even though its correctly selected and sent. If I do get him to the DL point he just wanders off. Hold command does not work for me either sigh.

if you want him to do a hover attack,you must do 3 things! 1st make sure that you have him with the right weapons for the right job. 2nd make sure that your wingman has a clear view of the target or targets you want him to attack. 3rd make sure that you are within 6.5km to 5.5nm out from the target(max range for vikers is 7.0). what makes your wingman go running in is that you are out of range for the vikes(7.0km),so he will do a running shot on targets than a hover attack.the reason why he fly past the ingress point is that you have the ingress point on the target itself or it's within their detection range which he can get shot down by the target! you have you measure out(using the abris map) how far the ingress point is from the target area and make sure the the ingress point isn't too close to the target were the sam's can detect him. if he gets detected at that point he will be to close and get shot down trying to move out of their detection. if you want him to hold position make sure that he isn't in detection range of aa or sams. would you hold position if your rwr is saying that you are in detection range of a aa or sam,you will move out of that range. to do stand-off attack in any verison you must be in range of the vikers(6'5knm to 5.5knm) so if that ingress point or data link point is within 6.5knm to 5.5knm and he's not in detection range of sams or aa's. the wingman will do that stand-off attack! make sure that you set your wingman to excellent in the mission editor.

Edited by Bee_Sting

• 1 year later...