How to use autopilot to hold a stable circle pattern

Bahger

I thought I had this down, ALT autopilot (i.e. not ALT/PATH or PATH), engaged once I establish a nice, shallow bank angle. Recent attempts have been unsuccessful, however, the AP resists the constant bank and the aircraft starts fighting the command and porpoising. Can anyone advise? A stabilised, hands-off circular hold at the IP is very useful when getting the A-10 set up for a JTAC pass.

In Beta 3, I have the problem, that the AP Alt can't hold the angle of bank (10° for instance). After a few seconds, my hog begins to shake.

But I have that issue just since Beta 3, in Beta 1+2 it worked fine.

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it's fairly easy to set up a nice, steady-altitude orbit just using the trim to set the bank/pitch. not sure how realistic it is, but an easy solution for the beta 3 porpoising. i can do that and just look up from the MFCDs every 30 seconds or so to make any minor adjustments.

I don't know if this holds true in every case, but I've had success with trimming the plane in a bank that also holds altitude, then activating the AP. Last night I orbited for 20 minutes without touching the stick at 35 degree bank, after getting the trim set to maybe 90% of what I wanted to keep.