Want your custom payloads back? Here is a simple way to do it.

Do you want your custom payloads back? Here is a really simple way.

The ingame default payloads that you can select in multiplayer are contained in a file called; unitPayloads.lua located here : <installed folder>\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\MissionEditor\data\scripts

When you make custom payloads via the mission editor they are saved to a file with the same name here: C:\Users\<your name>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\MissionEditor

If you name your custom payloads with the correct prefix; i.e Anti-Armor - <custom name> or Mix - <custom name> and copy the unitPayloads.lua from C:\Users\<your name>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\MissionEditor to \Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\MissionEditor\data\scripts you will have your custom payloads to select in multiplayer.

Simples...Enjoy.

** EDIT: Oh yeah.. stock advice ...backup your original file before you overwrite it... **

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 1

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

+1 for innovation.

MadTommy, be aware that I've found a bug in using this method. I used a custom loadout with 4 CBU-105s and 6 MavDs. After reloading one of the default loadouts with 4 CBU-105s and 4 MavDs, I could no long drop CBU-105s from the same aircraft (even after reloading DTS and reinit each bomb).

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

^^ hmmm ok thanks.. i only tested this by contacting the ground crew and verifying they had reloaded me correctly.

I've not used it in anger yet... I'll do some testing asap. (this evening)

So you could use the Mavs but not the 105s?

EDIT: Did you get some kind of error? Your problem has me scratching my head, I might be able to overcome this issue but inserting custom payloads manually into the original lua file, but then it would be not so simple.. :(

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

• 1 month later...

*you must spread some rep around etc etc*

Huge thanks for the 'fix' ! (works with -103's at least)

EDIT-> Correction I tossed away most of the defaults, and use mainly custom loadouts!

Edited by Pigmachine

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

@StrongHarm I think it's bug in game, and refers to, it seems, at all INS guided bombs. We wrote more about it and in this topic, and your colleagues WarriorX reached the same conclusion - JDAM (INS GBU-31/38, and now I see CBU-103/105) won't release after rearming.

I hope that, and other bugs(CDU divert error - WP same name like airport, ground crew: "Hey! What are you doing?", automatic EO powering - LOC, GBU-38 dropping after rearming), will correct in the next patch.

Edited by kobac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

I tried a standard loadout, with mavs, dumb bombs and rockets.. and rearmed on the runway. The 2 CBU-103's were in red boxes, but ready and working same with the 2 GBU-12's and my 151 rocketpod.

So it works even if they are annoyingly red, I know that the CBU-105 were the one you said didn't work.. but I have no custom loadout for them today.. but as I said, the 103's works even though their box is red

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

You just hit LOAD DSMS after rearming and everything works fine.

By the way, the loadouts you made only appear (in MP at least, I dont play SP) if it is tied to a particular task in the aircraft. Example, if you open the editor, put an A-10C on map, select Task -> Nothing and create a loadout, it will not be tied to any task. If however you create a loadout while having selected CAS or Ground Attack, then it will appear in MP. The loadout name still have to begin with "Show", "Anti-armor", "Mix", "PGM" or "AFAC" to be shown in the appropriate menu.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...