Free Helios Download/ questions thread

Here you all go :

Helios 1.1.128 - The most comprehensive touchscreen/hardware management software available!

helios_software_case_v2_1_1.png

Helios is an advanced glass cockpit and cockpit integration package which acts as an interface between your touch screen cockpit and the simulator software of your choice. With Helios you can be flying in a customized cockpit in no time at all!

Feature List

• Multi-Aircraft Support
    • Helios allows you to define several profiles and switch between them quickly. This allows you to switch aircraft in seconds, allowing for unprecedented flexibility from you cockpit.

[*]Keyboard Emulation

• Using the built in keyboard emulator you can take control of any software with your touchscreens or cockpit hardware. Helios supports complex multi-keystroke sequences as well as holding down keys to allow for the perfect response from your controls.

[*]Multi-Monitor Support

• Helios has full support for multiple monitors allowing you to setup advanced and complex cockpit arrangements. Helios even remembers your cockpit monitor arrangements so you can edit you profiles from your desktop computer.

[*]Drag and Drop Glass Cockpit Panel Designer

• Creating aircraft control panels is a snap using the Helios built in drag and drop editor. Drag controls, lines, text and then re-size and align them for the perfect looking, aesthetically pleasing panel. You can even import your own graphics for the perfect switch. Once you have the perfect switch you can save it as a template for future use.

[*]DirectX Input Controller Support

• Helios supports Direct X controllers to fully integrate any physical controls you already have. Mapping flight controls such as your joystick, throttle, collective, and rudder pedals will keep you from having to visit multiple programs to configure your controls - configure it all in Helios!

[*]Event Based Drag and Drop Simulation Integration.

• Making you cockpit interactive has never been easier. Just drag the event triggers and actions to link up your indicator lamps and switches - this prevents any need from manually setting your panels when you enter a simulator - they already will match the on screen, in game cockpit!

[*]LUA Script Support

• It's easy to add complex interactions using LUA script in your simulation bindings.

[*]Automatic Value Conversions

• Helios will automatically convert data coming out of your simulator program to what you need. If your simulator software outputs radians and you need degrees: No problem! Want to put imperial gauges on a simulation that outputs in metric - it's just a drag and drop away

Compatability and Requirements

Currently Supported Simulation Programs

• DCS: A-10C
  • DCS: Blackshark
  • Open Falcon 4.7
  • Lock-On Modern Combat: Flaming Cliffs 2.0
  • Falcon Allied Forces

Recommended System Requirements

• CPU: Multi-Core 2.4ghz or greater.
  • RAM: 3GB or greater.
  • OS: Windows 7 (May have limited touchscreen support on Vista or XP)
  • Monitors: 1-5 touch screens recommended.
  • Cockpit Hardware: U.M.C.
  • Other requirements may vary based on simulation software used.

DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://www.scsimulations.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=7

• If you all use it and like it, please Donate to Gadroc for his hard work and to keep Helios progressing! Our site will be changed to help make Helios info easier to access.
  • Visit Scssimulations.com forums for helpful info!
  • Also, we have online flight calender for those who like MP, we fly a few times a week. Check out our forums for Info!

Enjoy, FLIM

It's free now? Wow, I just bought it a week or so ago... Oh well, it was worth it anyway...

From Gadroc

We are reevaluating how we approach this hobby. Which is triggering some changes around SCSimulations. Personally I have switched roles at my company and I'm enjoying my day job again, which means my hours are naturally increasing. In addition we have some other community projects which are recreating the work we have already done here. This in all honesty does not make sense for our community, which is small already and I don't want to see fragment.

In light of these current conditions I am changing Helios license model. Helios will move to donation ware where Helios is free to use for all. This means I'll be setting up a way for people to donate money for the work I do, which is used solely for development tools for Helios and to further my cockpit.

I will be exposing the API to write Helios plugins where the community can write new control types, simulation interfaces and gauges. My hope is that the community will take up and extend Helios to things like TeamSpeak plugins, new and better looking gauges and new control types and enhanced interfaces in the simulation. I will focus my time on enhancing the core engine with better more efficient rendering, full network support, better templating / theme support and better easier binding.

I will post an unlocked development build sometime today. I will finish my Black Shark gauges over the next week and then begin the work to remove some of the licensing code, separate and release the source code for the gauge packs and simulation interfaces. This will take a few weeks to accomplish.

For those who already purchased Helios, I will support you in exactly the same way I do today. Your existing donations are why everyone else has the tools they have and I hope you will feel good about your donations and what you have contributed to the community. I would never have launched on the several hundreds of hours to make a WYSIWYG editor just to build my pit, it would have stuck like TouchPal and Hawg touch with hand edited XML files. For those who think it was pricey and I was racking in the dough, think again. I've made less than $5 per hour of time spent on this project after buying some of the hardware (I needed a clean development workstation outside my pit for clean testing) and software tools I use to make Helios (I use NO pirated software). All of my net profits went into either my cockpit (extra external visuals, electronics, etc…) or toward running SCSimulations (materials for prototypes for Sheldon and I, web site, credit card processing fees, etc…).

• Like 1

I am sad such an effort goes free, because its a signal of no rentability. I am also touched by Gadroc "Geste de grandeur", many wouldn t have been so noble in their intent.

I will donate when i download as it seem to me to be a must have and would have payed anyway.

I wish the best for you guys at SC, you re doig an awesome job. Harware and software wise.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• 3 years later...
I got this message from that link "www.scsimulations.com is unavailable or may not exist."

Since this thread is three years old, that might explain it.

Go here http://gadrocsworkshop.com/helios/

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: