Turn Shkval to NAV/TGT issue

Nobody96

Hi

I have the following problem and cannot find a sollution:

When a human wingman sends me the cordinates of a target via comms, and I enter these into my PVI-800 I cannot convince my Skval to turn to it correctly. It always slews to a point that is to near. If I assign a abris symbol to the TGT and slew my Skval with DL-INGRESS it also falls short, despite the fact that the symbol is at the right position.

What workes on the other hand is:

- slew to targets recieved via Datalink

- slew to selfmade NAV/TGT points

- in the ABRIS: move the yellow line of the Skval over the target symbol

Mathias

My System: Intel Core i7-4770K, Asus ROG Strix RX480 O8G, 24GB Ram

As far I know you will never get exact position from coords. It has right to be near of real target\point. Just like that.

System is inaccurate, the longer you fly the bigger inaccurate you will find.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Thought also its due to INU inaccuracy at first, but then the flashing sqare on the ABRIS is in the correct position. As another test, I created a NAV/TGT point myself and it had exactly the same coordinates. My Skval would turn to the selfmade correctly but would fall a couple of kilometers short on the on I entered. I think it is due to the height of the target above zero, but then why does the slewing work for selfmade targets?

Mathias

My System: Intel Core i7-4770K, Asus ROG Strix RX480 O8G, 24GB Ram

would fall a couple of kilometers

Few kilometers?!

I thought it just few dozen meters at max.... if so huge misalignment I can't help more.

You are right about INU, it needs calibration but I am not sure in DCS we can do that. There were plenty of discussions about this thing, honestly I don't remember details, it was long time ago :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Does this happen also over ground that is almost at the sea level? It could be that when input is from the system itself the altitude data is recorded also but when you enter a set of coordinates through keypad it assumes zero altitude by default. INU drift is not modeled currently in BS so that can't be the reason.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Ive got the same issue. Any targets in ABRIS I select via data link panel then uncage shkval dont slew to the right position on the ground. Its as though there is a bug and the shkval becomes unlinked from the abris.

If I designate a target myself I can then later slew to this target (using datalink panel and uncage) but the shkval line on abris is in the wrong position until I hit the "target" button. It then snaps to the right position.

Pretty darn anoying as it makes targetting with the abris unusable. I slew the shkval over points my wingman has sent and there is nothing there and its pretty obvious the shkval point on abris is NOT the same as on the ground seen through the HUD!

Now I am wondering if changes I made to my view and helmet sight (for trackIR) have caused this??

any ideas ?

Edited by spikenet

You must reset the Targeting and Datalink systems after each target and only then follow the the procedure in the manual.

If you do not reset both systems it will not operate as you intend.

Also you must lase for range almost every time to get the correct distance shown on the ABRIS. It is often wrong.

Nate

Dont think that is the issue. I reset systems to get the shkval "caged" (backspace key) before selecting the target point then ungage again. How do I reset the datalink system? All seems Counterintuitive.

I've read the datalink section of manual numerous times but it was here on the forum I learnt how to use datalink targets to slew the shkval using reset/uncage. Even the producers videos dont outline this crucial function.

could you possibly outline each step to successfully lock the shkval onto a datalink target my wingman has sent me? Sorry, I'm just running out of ideas to make it work for me.

thanks

Dont think that is the issue. I reset systems to get the shkval "caged" (backspace key) before selecting the target point then ungage again. How do I reset the datalink system? All seems Counterintuitive.

I've read the datalink section of manual numerous times but it was here on the forum I learnt how to use datalink targets to slew the shkval using reset/uncage. Even the producers videos dont outline this crucial function.

could you possibly outline each step to successfully lock the shkval onto a datalink target my wingman has sent me? Sorry, I'm just running out of ideas to make it work for me.

thanks

I do a track - just have to check I still have v1.02 installed :)

Nate

great thanks.

I will outline the steps as I understand them. Please correct me if I'm taking a wrong step:

1: send wingman out to recon and he sends datalink targets.

2: select each datalink target and send to abris.

3: Select the target using datalink panel you want and hit DL Ingress button.

4: uncage the shkval, it "should" slew to the target.

5: engage that target

6: reset systems and repeat as required.

how does that sound?

thanks, I'll check it out when I get home.

Edit: seems like I was doing it all ok apart from not using the laser to set the range.

Also, for some reason, a couple of the missions I had "modified" the wingman was giving me spurious targets.. nothing to be found. All good now thanks!

Edited by spikenet