Logitech Extreme 3d Pro

http://www.krauselab...dump/krause.lua

HAT= slew, if you dont have trackir unbind this and use it to move your view around i guess

1: gun (PAC 2)

2: pickle

3: NWS

Also manually fires IR/laser with TGP as SOI

4: china hat down

short: return sensor to boresight

long: return to spi

5: 1st stage trigger (PAC 1)

Stabilizes the aircraft on gunline

6: china hat forward

short: change step zoom on TGP

long: slave sensor to SPI

on tad = expand

7+ hat = trim

7 +2 (pickle) = change master mode

7+ 5-3 = flaps up/flaps down

7 + 6-4 = speed break forward/aft

8 + hat = coolie switch

short left: change page on left MFD

short right: change page on right MFD

long up: SOI to hud

long right: SOI to right mfd

long left: SOI to left mfd

8 + 3 = boat switch center

+ 5 = forward

+ 6 = aft

Changes polarity (TV/WHOT/BHOT) with TGP as SOI

9= pinky switch

+ 3 = center

+ 5 = forward

+ 6 = aft

9 + hat = DMS

up = increase range of TAD

down = decrease range of TAD

right = center aircraft at bottom of TAD

left long = share SPI on TAD with flight

up/down (hud) = change steerpoint

right/left (hud) = change weapon profile

right (tgp) = change mode between laser/ir/both

left (tgp) = focus

10 + hat = TMS

up short: change track mode in TGP

up short: hook points on HAD. If you get data from jtac, hook it, then create SPI as below. Then slave all to SPI.

up long: create SPI from current sensor

down (HUD as SOI): make steerpoint SPI

10 + 3 = mic switch center

+ 5 = forward

+ 6 = aft

+ 4 = up

11 + hat = CMS

left/right = change program

up = start program

down = stop program

+ 3 = jammer on/CMS z axis

12 = reserved for teamspeak xmit

12 + hat left/right = toggle goggle (both left and right are "toggle")

12 + hat up/down = goggles gain up/down

extreme3dpro_DCS_screen.png

Edited by tyrspawn
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to ask but I've done a lot of searching on the forum and google with no results.

What exactly do I do with the .lua file you linked and what section do I make those joystick bind changes in (ex: A-10c Game, A-10c Sim)

edit: I tried to load using the profile load option in settings but nothing happens. :/

Edited by zuff

Sorry to ask but I've done a lot of searching on the forum and google with no results.

What exactly do I do with the .lua file you linked and what section do I make those joystick bind changes in (ex: A-10c Game, A-10c Sim)

edit: I tried to load using the profile load option in settings but nothing happens. :/

You need to click the joystick column in the game, then click load profile on the top right.

You need to click the joystick column in the game, then click load profile on the top right.

Got it, I found out my problem was I was downloading the LUA file from opening it in a chrome tab, instead of right clicking on your link and saving-as. Thanks!

EDIT: Thought I'd include this, I printed it out and have found it very useful! I mapped out all of your keys to a high-res PNG image of the joystick.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1125473/extreme3dpro_DCS.png

screenshot example

extreme3dpro_DCS_screen.png

Edited by zuff
Added Cheat Sheet

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both for you hard work. I'm having an issue with this profile that I hope you can help with. It seems none of the 'Combos' work for me, they are all showing up highlighted RED and are not working while in game.

Have I missed a setting some where to allow for combos?

Thank you.

i7-8700K @ 5GHz || 32GB || GTX2080FTW || Win10 || HP Reverb || TMWH || Saitek Combat Pedals

JTF 501st

With the update to v1.1.1.1 you must renter the Buttons used for Modifiers in the settings page again for them to work. It should work fine after that.

Nate

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll do that and report back.

i7-8700K @ 5GHz || 32GB || GTX2080FTW || Win10 || HP Reverb || TMWH || Saitek Combat Pedals

JTF 501st

Very cool.

I wouldn't have thought it possible to effectively play this game with sort of joystick but with your profile it looks totally doable.

I have the same stick and somewhat similar profile - it is very doable and I'm very pleased I didn't need to shell out €500 for a WARTHOG, to fly in DCS effectively.

Nate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest masterwon

Hi as an ex pilot I thought using this stick would have been a sinch (it works great on FSX) however I find myself bouncing all over the sky and a 60 deg turn is quite difficult to hold. Is this normal? or do I need a lot more experience to get the hang of it

See page 23 to 25 of the DCS A-10C GUI Manual EN.pdf in the DOC folder of DCS.

This explains how to adjust the sensitivity of each axis of your stick.

For A-10 I use a curvature of 30 and a deadzone of 7 for both the X and Y axis of my Logitech 3d Pro Force .

Nate

Guest masterwon

For A-10 I use a curvature of 30 and a deadzone of 7 for both the X and Y axis of my Logitech 3d Pro Force .

Nate

excellent, will do, I was hoping It wasn't me or the stick

thanks

This doesn't work for me. The setting in my options are in red boxes. Don't know what this means but when I flew and tried them they didn't work. I went back in and reset trim, for instance and got that to work. As per button 7 and the hat left, right and so on. But then I tried flaps, also in red boxes, and there was nothing. When I tried to reset the flaps buttons, ie; 7 + 5 and 3, it would not allow both. Only one or other.

Edited by Shootist

Asus P8P67Pro, Intel i7, 8gb DDR3, OCZ Vertex3, 120gb SSD, GForce GTX 560, Cooler Master GX850, Win 7, Logi X 3D Pro.

This doesn't work for me. The setting in my options are in red boxes. Don't know what this means but when I flew and tried them they didn't work. I went back in and reset trim, for instance and got that to work. As per button 7 and the hat left, right and so on. But then I tried flaps, also in red boxes, and there was nothing. When I tried to reset the flaps buttons, ie; 7 + 5 and 3, it would not allow both. Only one or other.

Ok with the change to 1.1.1.1 the modifier system has changed. What you must do is re-enter the buttons you previously used as modifiers again. then it should work.

Nate

I have not got a clue what modifiers were used before so I guess I'm hooped.

Well, maybe not. Just had a look at the Add Modifiers feature and I see there is a huge selection to add. So, I may give it another try tomorrow.

Edited by Shootist

Asus P8P67Pro, Intel i7, 8gb DDR3, OCZ Vertex3, 120gb SSD, GForce GTX 560, Cooler Master GX850, Win 7, Logi X 3D Pro.

Guest masterwon

Nate

ha ha it works, thought i had lost my piloting skills for a while there. Handles like a dream although rudder is still a bit sensitive. What setting you use for it

OK. So I loaded the profile and got everything happening. Trouble is, I have been too long set up with my own profile. Quite a learning curve all over again. I am now adjusting for my own liking. For example, buttons 3 and 4, the real thumb ready buttons are my 4 and 6 buttons. 5 is assigned to NWS and laser. Having the first stage trigger assigned to 5 doesn't work very well, IMHO, as it takes too much pressure to hold down and has me moving the stick around too much. For now, first stage still works pretty well as P on the keyboard as it keeps the stick almost hands free.:)

• 1 year later...
With the update to v1.1.1.1 you must renter the Buttons used for Modifiers in the settings page again for them to work. It should work fine after that.

Nate

How do you reenter the buttons and modifiers?

• 5 months later...

OK, I'm starting the process to remap, but I'm running into a snag.

It seems that I can only use a certain modifier once.. for example Joy_btn3 for something, but I can't seem to use it again in combination, I get joy_btn30, 31, 32, etc, etc...

Please bear in mind I'm brand new to this.. :) be gentle, I have virgin butterfly wings....