how do I assign Shkval to X-52 mousestick?

swe_badger

Thanks for the tip, however is there a way to do it without using SST profiler? Like within DCS controls menu? I just can't be bothered in creating a profile ATM, I just forget all the buttons if I don't play the same game constantly (which I don't).

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

...however is there a way to do it without using SST profiler?...
I think there's not. Or you'll have to use another profiler software.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

You can try to swap axes, but really, its easier to just map it in the SST. Im pretty sure I tried everything in this regard, for me the best solution was to just map the view to the Ministick. From what it sounds like, youre trying to get Slew mapped to an Axis because you think its going to give you more precise and accurate slewing. However, this isnt the case here, the Ministick is just an ordinary D-Pad emulating a mouse of whatever buttons you assign it. The results that changing axes gave me were really not worth the effort of messing around in the registry.

Sorry if Im drifting off :D

You could probably get away by mapping all the Slew keys in DCS World to the buttons you mapped the Ministick to.

Yes, i do that since the start.

I need all other POVs for other things, and playing with the shkval with the left hand allows so may other switchs things with the Right hand ;)

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Thanks for the tip, however is there a way to do it without using SST profiler? Like within DCS controls menu? I just can't be bothered in creating a profile ATM, I just forget all the buttons if I don't play the same game constantly (which I don't).

My SST profiler dosent work right, so I just assign controls on the BS control GUI via input and save. Works good for me and there´s no other way for me now...

On "throtlle", I have open/closed (brackets) and zoom in x23/zoom out x7 on POV-3 (up/down, left/right) for the Shkval. On wheel around E botton, I have visual zoom in/zoom out (pilot view). If I remember correctly, you have to set the wheel under axis controls. Then E botton uncages Shkval.

To move the Shkval, I use joystick POV-2. POV-1 is assigned to pilot view.

This is my set-up done on BS/DCS controls:

T1- Autopilot Flight Director

T2- Autohover

T3- Autopilot Altitude Hold

T4- Auto Turn to Target

T5- Ground Moving Target

T6- Airborne Target

A- Reset Target

B- Lock Target

C- Center View

D- Realease Wepons

E- Uncage Shkval

Pinky- Trimmer

Safe/cover botton, joy- Flares

POV´s and zoom view as expalined above.

It´s basic as I cant switch profiles but it works. Hope it helps.

I write it down on a note book so I can go back to it if I forget, that helps too.

Care,

Red...out

Edited by red2112

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

have you tried assigning the Shkval to the Axis key ingame??

I went to the AXIS commands and found Absolute Shkval slew horizontal and vertical Double click it on the X52 row then move the mousestick key on the HOTAS to assign it??

I did this on a Cougar but see NO reason why it won't work on a X52..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

It wont work, because the Mouse Axis of the X-52 isnt recognized as Axis by the game, unless you mess with your registry.

OK is it recognised as a mouse?? if so maybe you can program it that way??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Just make a profile that uses the the mouse stick the way you want it to be. Activate it, and the only input that should change is how the mouse stick operates.

Profiles will only operate the functionality you put in.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

True that this stick fully controlling the shkval would be a blast (analog)

I'm using it via SST, but the major flaw right now is :

- 4 way (as 8way would be A+B key, not C)

- Each time you change direction (right, then up-right, things that always happen with the mini-stick) the shkval speed resets. it's higly annoying, and almost impossible to lock any chopper or plane.

If someone has a solution, i will hear it !

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

• 2 weeks later...

Boelie, yes, this answer always come back someday ;)

In My Humble Opinion, Players which uses the ministick prefer it, probably because your left thumb controls it !

a/ the shkval control, in the Ka-50 is located on the collective stick.

b/ my right hand is already used to trim, designate, select weapon, stabilize auto-hover, and, in my case, if i have time, can insta-zoom on shkval/GPS screen and other views.

All my POV-Hat buttons are assigned, but they do not require permanent intervention, because my right hand needs to control the shark every seconds.

Frostie, you're doing like everyone else. (apart the pinkie switch for this)

i think we just wanted a "mouse-like" analog input in DCSBS shortkeys. ;)