Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

P-51 Campaign brake problems.

Draccos

Hey All,

I did the P-51 ground training course for taxiing and my rudder pedals work just fine but when I switch to the campaign challenges the first mission to taxi to the runway my brakes start acting up. When I depress my left toe brake it activates both brakes but when I depress my right toe brake it activates only my left brake, Has anyone else seen this problem or know of a fix?

Thanks,

Draccos

When on the ground, taking off or landing I keep the brake viewer (L Ctrl Enter) on and I have the two brakes tied to two buttons on my throttle.

I agree, the P-51 brakes get all wonky using the toe pedals. My workaround is a solution but it needs to be fixed.

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

I have the Saitek pro pedals and the brakes work perfectly all the time. I have my joysticks configured under the P-51 SIM , I have not touched the game mode setup. Thinking this might be part of the problem. If you setup the P-51 controls under the P-51 Game setup, but the mission is locked to the SIM inputs, might be the reason you are seeing multiple results in your control setups. If you haven't already, suggest using SIM control inputs exclusively. Also, I had to reverse the axis for both the left and right brakes and also put a curve of about 20 on them which helped soften the initial input. You can really feather in the amount of braking you want this way. Ground control in the P-51 is a breeze with properly setup differential braking. Once you get it setup right, you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about. ;)

Dracos,

Sorry for the delay, to see if its a hardware issue, have you tried right control enter to see the joystick inputs? they should show the movement of the rudder peddles in sync with your actions. If not, then something is wrong, old worn pots, or interference with another input. Hopefully will help sort out what is happening.

I've only just this week purchased a TH Warthog and Saitek Combat Pro Pedals. While configuring the controls, I went to adjust the curves for the toe Brakes, but was not happy with the result ( the Graph looked too bizar to be right ).

So I changed the function of the pedals from an Axis, to a Slider ( using the checkbox under "Axis Tune". Upon changing the function of the toe Brakes to be sliders instead of Axis, I noticed similar behavour from the pedals.

After changing the Toe Brakes back to an axis, the problem disapeared immediately.

I'm not sure if this is something that affects you or not, but felt it was worth a mention, in case somewhere along the line, that checkbox accidentally got selected in your control set-up, changing the way they operate.

Hope you're able to get it sorted soon. I never realized just how amazing DCS is with a good set-up. To have mine playing up like that would drive me nuts. Good Luck. :)