Gunner AI in DCS Huey

Death-17

Where do I start? When I'm in UH-1 sim mode under the control menu I cannot change my gunner's firing mode.(i.e. HOLD or RETURN FIRE) When I turn on "Game Avionics" I can change their mode but I cannot set the axis on my collective under UH-1 Game in the controls menu, so I can't run "Game Avionics".(no collective) What am I doing wrong. While I have you here, is there any way to put the instruments on a second monitor?

ACPI x86 based PC, Windows 7 64Bit, AMD Phenom IIX4 965 3.4GHZ, NVIDIA GTX 560, 8 GB RAM, 1 32" primary monitor, Track IR, Saitek pedals, custom cyclic with CH Pro base, custom collective, both using BUO836X cards

We will need a lot more info to be of any help. Maybe screen grabs and a track.

A guess to start....

Are you new to the HUEY? I ask because if you are using and older control file then the new control options are not there.

In the "UH-1H Simulation" control tab do you see the entries....

AI Left Burst Switch

AI Left ROE Iterate

AI Operator ROE Iterate

AI Operator Burst Switch

AI Right Burst Switch

AI Right ROE Iterate

If so what keys are they set for, and have you tried those?

If not, your control file is no good. Go into the Saved Games folder find the keyboard file under input and move into a temp folder. When you run the sim and go into the control tab for the HUEY and new clean control file will be created.

Yes you can export to a 2nd monitor. Run a few searches. There are many post on the subject.

Here's one to get you started...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1557964#post1557964

More help

Under "UH-1 Huey Sim" tab there is no AI commands. They are there under the "UH-1 Huey Game" tab but not on the sim tab. I went into my Eagle Dynamics folder under DCS World but could not find Saved Games folder to move the keyboard inputs.

ACPI x86 based PC, Windows 7 64Bit, AMD Phenom IIX4 965 3.4GHZ, NVIDIA GTX 560, 8 GB RAM, 1 32" primary monitor, Track IR, Saitek pedals, custom cyclic with CH Pro base, custom collective, both using BUO836X cards

I'll try reinstall

I'm reinstalling DCS World to see if that will fix it. Thanks

If you did not delete or rename your ..\<yourname>\Saved Games\DCS folder then you are still using old config files. Re-installing the game will not change that.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you did not delete or rename your ..\<yourname>\Saved Games\DCS folder then you are still using old config files. Re-installing the game will not change that.

It is C:\Users\<yourname>\Saved Games\DCS - just to make sure the OP does not look for it in the DCS installation folder. (and "C:\Users\..." should be correct in 99.9% of all cases (i.e. normal windows installation))

It is C:\Users\<yourname>\Saved Games\DCS - just to make sure the OP does not look for it in the DCS installation folder. (and "C:\Users\..." should be correct in 99.9% of all cases (i.e. normal windows installation))

Good point, and thanks.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

YUP

You guys are absolutely correct, didn't change a thing. As soon as I'm finished with updater I will follow your instructions. Keep you posted.

keep in mind that you have to delete the input Files for the Huey and the Mi-8 nearly with every major update...because Belsimtek keeps adding new features..so always read the release notes..they tell you that you have to delete the input folders..

like:

*Changes in input commands require resetting input profiles to new default settings. To do so, delete (or rename if you wish to keep a backup) the saved input configuration folders (files) located in \WINDOWS DRIVE\User\User Name\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\UH-1H\ or \Input\Mi-8

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

• 4 weeks later...