All I can say is....WOW

Well, I took your advice and got the track IR with the pro clip. I'm old school (just old) LOL and I this is COOL or tight/righteous you get my drift..sweeeeet. I'm still waiting on my HOTAS they emailed me and said that the wait for the 55 is now til the end of May!!! This is killing me, I'm hooked and flying this with a KEYBOARD not good.

I found a TM Warthog online new for 461.00 shipped, can be here in 7 days, Looks like I'm gonna bite.

I did notice that with everything set on max before the TIR I was getting 135/140 FPS and with the TIR running I have dropped to around 115 FPS. Do I need to drop my setting or does that seem normal to you guys? Maybe I was just looking around more, scratch that I was like a kid on a plane in the window seat. I hope that I dont start looking at the co-pit set up's:smilewink:

Well, I took your advice and got the track IR with the pro clip. I'm old school (just old) LOL and I this is COOL or tight/righteous you get my drift..sweeeeet. I'm still waiting on my HOTAS they emailed me and said that the wait for the 55 is now til the end of May!!! This is killing me, I'm hooked and flying this with a KEYBOARD not good.

I found a TM Warthog online new for 461.00 shipped, can be here in 7 days, Looks like I'm gonna bite.

I did notice that with everything set on max before the TIR I was getting 135/140 FPS and with the TIR running I have dropped to around 115 FPS. Do I need to drop my setting or does that seem normal to you guys? Maybe I was just looking around more, scratch that I was like a kid on a plane in the window seat. I hope that I dont start looking at the co-pit set up's:smilewink:

That's what I like about being a pilot. You get the window seat every time. :D

BTW, a small FPS drop when using TIR is normal. I dunno about 20 FPS, it does seem a bit much. I would lock your TIR camera (F9) and see if your FPS goes back up. If it does, then your FPS drop is simply as a result of your looking around more than before. Also, good choice on the Warthog. It is a very good high end mass market stick. Great choice for precision flying, and versatile enough to be used with any platform.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

We will see on the FPS issue, all I'm doing right now is the easy quick start missions. I do believe when I have a stick and can get into the Sim more things will level out. I put a Geforce GTX 770 with 4GB GDDR5 on board along with 32GB of 1866 on the motherboard. I'm running a MSI Z87 with a I7-4770 CPU & Win 7 64.

I had read the the Sim was more GPU than CPU, I seem to running fine no shuddering at all but again I don't have a lot going on, just trying to hit something and keep it out of the dirt.

I would say it's more CPU bound in it's current state. While the graphics card helps, when I upgraded from a 570 to a 780 I only got about a 10 FPS increase. I was using an AMD Phenom II x4 965 then. When I upgraded to a 4770k (and obviously new motherboard; MSI Z87 GD65) I went from about a 40-60 average FPS to over 100-130 depending on number of objects in the sim.

Also, congrats on the TIR. It really is a whole new experience. You may want to look into getting some rudder pedals to go with your warthog too.

Edited by kk0425