wingmen, any good ?

hi, i like lockon and i have flaming cliffs 1 and 2.

the problem with lockon is that my wingmen are useless, they keep dying and they never take out an enemy.

are the makers going to release a patch to fix this.

does flaming cliffs 1 and 2 suffer from useless wingmen ?

would very much like to play flaming cliffs 1 and 2, but not with useless wingmen.

thanks.

Unfortunately you can't tell them to loiter at a certain spot; but they are still useful.

You can order him/them to attack your target (The one you locked up.). You can also ask him/them to attack the enemy that is attacking you.

You can send them to attack air defense, while you go after the primary target ext.

A useful trick when dealing with close in air defense systems when you are in A 10s with Mavericks is to lock up a target (Say Shilka.) and order your wingman to attack while you hang back.

When you hear him say that he fired you order him to rejoin, thus pulling him away from the danger area.

This way you can use both his Mavericks first and then both yours on air defense, then both of you can go in with bombs.

With Su 25 with dedicated anti-radar missiles you can cause even more mayhem.

Wingmen also warn you when you got you six pointed at a bogey.

In air-to-air just getting horizontal separation with your wingman can help you split your enemy up so you can more easily ID and attack them on radar.

In F15 you can launch at multiple targets forcing your enemy to go defensive while your wingman goes offensive.

All this and we haven't even used all the commands available to control your wingmen!