Not so good with the collective...

I'm having a hard time enforcing precise control over the aircraft's collective. I'm using the X52 Pro HOTAS. Even with the resistence knob turned all the way down, I find that it still takes a significant amount of force to move the throttle back and forth (collective up/down). This means I can't really input precise small corrections of the collective. Instead it's usually small, inaccurate "bumps" as I push on the throttle until it suddenly finally lurches a little bit.

I'm wondering, other than more elaborate collective controllers (I've seen those being sold online, but I can't afford the thousands of dollars that those cost), does anybody use any other form of control over the collective? I was thinking maybe trying to map the collective axis to one of the rotary uh... button things on the X52 Pro Throttle, or even to the scrolling wheel?

"a significant amount of force" - that is not normal.

Personally, I don't like the throttle being too loose - to avoid accidental movements when I rest my hand on it. But what you describe sounds way to much. And if you are sure that you turned down the friction, then something is wrong with your device.

Probably you want to open it and have a look? (but I can't give you any tips there as I don't know the X52 myself)

Is the Collective Autopilot channel active? I'm speculating you are fighting the Autopilot alt hold in some way.

If you look at the RCTRL-ENTER control indicator does the Collective move smoothly?

EDIT:- Apologies, Re-read the OP - it sounds like a hardware issue - time to open it up and take a look.

Nate

stupid question, but are you sure you have it turned all the way down and not all the way up? Turning the tension knob left increases throttle friction on the x52. If i turn the knob all the way to the right (full-loose), mine gets so loose that it will fall under its own weight, so either your x52 has a problem, or you've got the tension knob backwards.

Is the Collective Autopilot channel active? I'm speculating you are fighting the Autopilot alt hold in some way.

If you look at the RCTRL-ENTER control indicator does the Collective move smoothly?

EDIT:- Apologies, Re-read the OP - it sounds like a hardware issue - time to open it up and take a look.

Nate

Nate he has a proplem with his X 52 im sure even the collective break will not force a x52 throttle get hard to move at the desk somehow.

;)

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

You guys were right :(

I popped the thing open yesterday and a piece of broken plastic fell out. I'm not sure from where, and I couldn't really see anything obviously damaged in there, but I'm not really good at electronics.

Now after put the thing back together the throttle is loose and wobbles. Guess I'm going to start saving for a replacement. Maybe the TM Warthog this time hehe :D

In the meantime I'll figure out something to use for the collective... :joystick: