DCS WW2 fighter comparison

On 6/13/2014 at 5:01 PM, Narushima said:

A couple of graphs I made showing tops speeds and climb rate at altitude for the upcoming DCS prop fighters.

The fighters are running at performance levels that I assume is what will be modelled in DCS. I might be wrong, so don't take it as gospel. The only thing certain is the P-51, and even that might change if ED decides to model it with 150 octane fuel. All of the fighters represented here could be upgraded in a similar fashion.

I made these graphs through researching historical graphs (with some alterations to compensate for compressibility error or drag increase due to external bomb racks). They're not 100% accurate, and they never will be, because no 2 aircraft were ever the same.

jRY3DnL.png

2dGojbX.png

Thanks a lot. Made me some kneeboards from these graphs so i always know how to best disengage from a fight if necessary.

19 hours ago, motoadve said:

How can w make a kneeboard of this?

Just put these 2 images into the corresponding kneeboard folder. See here:

EDIT: Deleted the Kneeboards since the data is seemingly not korresponding with actual ingame performance.

Edited by Winger

When you search little bit around, Yoyo posted for the most Airplanes on release the climb rate and the top Speed.

Can post some if you dont find it later.

out of memory, no guarantee  for absolut correctnes @ sea level, Spit 18lb 540Km/h; Fw-190 1.42 Ata 545kmh; P-51 around ~580kmh 61HG;  K4 590kmh; D9 612kmh.

P-51 K4 close call, it is more likely dependent on the Pilot expierence. Coolant shutter position etc.

dont know the P-51 is able to fly constantly at 67 Hg after the cooling rework in a dogfight, unlikley because not a cooling issue but the octane rating is the problem the engine starts to knock.

but when they dive away with 67HG the P-51 is faster then the K4 can sustain this for 20 min or so in level flight.

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

1 hour ago, MAD-MM said:

When you search little bit around, Yoyo posted for the most Airplanes on release the climb rate and the top Speed.

Can post some if you dont find it later.

out of memory, no guarantee  for absolut correctnes @ sea level, Spit 18lb 540Km/h; Fw-190 1.42 Ata 545kmh; P-51 around ~580kmh 61HG;  K4 590kmh; D9 612kmh.

P-51 K4 close call, it is more likely dependent on the Pilot expierence. Coolant shutter position etc.

dont know the P-51 is able to fly constantly at 67 Hg after the cooling rework in a dogfight, unlikley because not a cooling issue but the octane rating is the problem the engine starts to knock.

but when they dive away with 67HG the P-51 is faster then the K4 can sustain this for 20 min or so in level flight.

If you could point me in the right direction as of where its posted id surely apprechiate

Mathematical calculated, but this basicly our DCS K4 (hole tread disscusion and various 109 Sources used)  (note small line is series Prob red small box)

Actually dont think ever any one put all Planes next to each other on picture for level Speed, but that various sources i know to confirm speeds.

5026-27_DBSonder_MW_geschw.jpg

https://forum.dcs.world/uploads/monthly_2016_03/1568278227_SpitMkIXmaxTAS.gif.b5a2cabd10a2980da58ef6b42952ee95.gif

https://i.imgur.com/JHqj6yd.png

• Like 1

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 2 weeks later...

So there is no more recent speed chart that shows all DCS WWII Fighters on one chart?
Am still hoping someone already did all the work:) Sadly I dont have the time to do excessive testing nor a software with wich i could create charts like that.
My goal would be to create a kneeboard that i can have a quick glance at and see if my attempt to disengage at a certain situation/altitude would be successful or not;)
I am too old (just turned 50)  to memorize all the diffrent speeds at all heights thou😃

Edited by Winger

• 3 months later...
Am 17.7.2023 um 10:00 schrieb kablamoman:

image.png

This was put together by @Magic Zach (hope he doesn't mind me posting it).

Quick note - the Spit figures here are for open radiator flaps. I did some testing with them shut and these were my figures (brown line):

chart_updated.jpg

These match up better with historical data.

Edited by Lythronax