The annoying wobble

Sixxpack

Hello my fellow combat simmers:thumbup:

ATAG_Sixxpack hear! I know this is a topic that has been murdered to death but I need some serious help on this one all! Folks for the life of me I can't seem to hit the right axis settings to have a smooth and stabilize flight pattern when making turns and rolls. Every time I come out of a roll or turn on to a target, at the end of it all I always get the nasty wobble, meaning the nose of the A-10c moves left to right or up and down. I've seen a lot of fantastic tutorials out there like "Gerry Abbot","Ralfi Dude" and of course many others...and you no who you all are! And they make these awesome steady turns or come out of rolls so gracefully and tight you know.I've even looked at other post but I can't seem to find a solution.

I have a CH Combat stick, I use a X52 as my throttle, and CH foot peddles. My axis settings so far, X and Y curve 25 dead zone 10.

If anyone out there has different axis setting or any ideas this would be greatly appreciated:smilewink:

Thank you all so much,

Zero Zero stick curve ftw. Why in god's name would you use a deadzone? Is this your stick curve or your rudder curve?

I don't believe in stick curves anymore, I used to but to hell with them. Linear is better and anything else is just weird.

I do use a 40 curve on my rudder and I have developed a muscle memory that is almost perfect with respect to maintaining a coordinated turn. I just know how much rudder to kick in given my bank angle and how hard I'm pulling.

You don't need to drop the stick curve but I'd get rid of the deadzone if you can help it.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Hello my fellow combat simmers:thumbup:

ATAG_Sixxpack hear! I know this is a topic that has been murdered to death but I need some serious help on this one all! Folks for the life of me I can't seem to hit the right axis settings to have a smooth and stabilize flight pattern when making turns and rolls. Every time I come out of a roll or turn on to a target, at the end of it all I always get the nasty wobble, meaning the nose of the A-10c moves left to right or up and down. I've seen a lot of fantastic tutorials out there like "Gerry Abbot","Ralfi Dude" and of course many others...and you no who you all are! And they make these awesome steady turns or come out of rolls so gracefully and tight you know.I've even looked at other post but I can't seem to find a solution.

I have a CH Combat stick, I use a X52 as my throttle, and CH foot peddles. My axis settings so far, X and Y curve 25 dead zone 10.

If anyone out there has different axis setting or any ideas this would be greatly appreciated:smilewink:

Thank you all so much,

Post a Track file so we can see what exactly you are doing and what you're having trouble with.

Thanks for the reply boys,

P*Funk, this would be my stick curve.Thanks for the info I'll give it a try m8:thumbup:

And Flagrum, I seem to have problems with recording tracks at the moment sorry:(

Thanks again guys! Sixxer

yes i have the same prob in the 15 i got it smooth after spending time on tuneing the stick

but still that damn wobble i was talking to day to a tornado gr1 wizo about it and it dont happen its like a car to drive or a arrow as he said

and he was from R A F honington in 80s

I think that's to do with faster jets like the F-15, F-16, Tornado, etc. sort of get stabilized because the compressing air since they travel so much faster, but that's just my amateur theory.

As for nice smooth turns, get rid of curves and what not. All DCS modules are made with attention paid to having the stick behave realistically. If you want to do smooth turns, pay very close attention to your HUD, and keep your velocity indicator matched with the horizontal bar in the ladder. As long as it is there, it means you're not gaining or losing any height. It's all about doing that until it becomes second nature.

Some small curve is fine but dead zones are really there for defective or less accurate axis. I have CH myself and they're accurate enough not to need them. Although I use a dead zone for the mini joystick on the throttle because the spring doesn't center and then the TDC (what I heave it mapped to) wanders all by itself. That's the sort of thing dead zones are for. IMO dead zones on you flight controls will make it very difficult to fly straight.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5