DCS Hawk Experience at RIAT

Ells228

riat oculus rift!

was at riat today, brill day as usual, went to tech zone for a go with the oculus rift, incredible, amazing! honestly I was blown away with how good it was, really glad I managed to try it out. This is without a doubt the future for flight sims, track ir is good but believe me this is on another level brilliant thanks to the guys who set it up, made my day.:thumbup:

was at riat today, brill day as usual, went to tech zone for a go with the oculus rift, incredible, amazing! honestly I was blown away with how good it was, really glad I managed to try it out. This is without a doubt the future for flight sims, track ir is good but believe me this is on another level brilliant thanks to the guys who set it up, made my day.:thumbup:

I wish i went up to try it as fairford is only up the road from me. Is it really as good as everyone is making out? Was it DK1 or DK2?

Is it really as good as everyone is making out?

Simple answer, hell yes. Simply stunning.

Don't get me wrong, the DK1 is Low res, so the instruments were not readable nor any cockpit labels. However the res is enough for you to see outside and the other hawk. The cockpit is fully 3D and really does feel like you're sitting in it.

Even with the unreadable instrument panel, flying through the hills of Georgia in formation wi another Hawk, the immersive feeling was second to none. I have never had any sim feel so immersive in all my years of simming.

Hell I even forgot I was in a tent at an airshow. I maybe said wow out loud to the amusement of the crowd. :)

If the DK1 can manage this, the DK2 and certainly the CV1, are going to be put of this world.

It truly is the next gen sim experience.

Some ugly bugger enjoying it. ;)

imagejpg1-6.jpg

Oh and my Bro IndianaJon having a go.

Cowboy10uk

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Experienced the Hawk in 3D at Dux and was completely blown away by it, can't wait for the OR CV1, DCS is gonna rock!

Thanks for sharing Cowboy!

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

Glad to hear people are liking the Hawk and DCS with the Rift. If people are liking it with the DK1, I can't wait to see what they say about DK2 or CV1!

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

The monitor we had at Dux is crystal clear on all the dials and gauges and instruments so is imagine the DK2 will be the same.

One of the things I found superb was the depth level and ground rush feeling you get in 3d.

I'm doing a military tech dem at Farnborough on Thursday with Matt, our Hawk QFI so I'll get his thoughts on it.

Thanks for the pic and video Dave.

Yeah I'd imagine he was looking down at the cockpit, it is stunning in 3d.