Maple Flag BFT12 Mission

SharpeXB

Any one else tried the Low Level Flight Plan Qualification mission?

I'm looking for some advice...

First since this is a timed mission I'm sure it's important to take off at exactly 6:30

Otherwise you'll have a lot of extra time before the first waypoint at 6:40

I can tell the score is based upon hitting the waypoint times and following the flight path. Does staying in formation with the lead count as much? I ask because the lead always arrives early to the first waypoint and costs you that score if you're following him.

Maybe the trick is to not fall in with his so fast and orbit some. Otherwise also he slows down to stall speed and then guns the engine trying to make up time and it's hard to stay with him.

Then I figure the TOTs are probably not set correctly in the CDU or that's just part of the test. The TTG doesn't make sense on the HUD (prior post about this) the best way to go about this would be to set your required speed on WPs 10 and 15, just flying through the others without them set as the steer point. If the TTG is figured on your flight path and not a straight line.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Set your ToT on your CDU/HUD and stick to the Lead like glue. You can anticipate the speed by the ToT and it will give the speed required.:thumbup:

So you DO need to set the TOT in the CDU manually? I thought they had been preset.

I found if I fly a straight line at the speed asked for by the FI, there's no way to not be early to the initial WP 5. In that case sticking to the lead results in missing the TOT. I think an orbit to kill time first before joining up with the lead would make for an achievable RIAS. I'll have another go tomorrow.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Got it!

I actually didn't fly formation and just concentrated on hitting the WP TOTs

and staying on route, missed one but still passed