Cockpit with SPS-141 flare disperser panel

Devil 505

Has anybody had the flare panel show up while flying the Mig-21? I was flying a quick mission I had created and flown many times. The last time I flew it, the Flare Panel was in front of the canopy rod as shown in the pic below. I tried the same mission again and it was not there. Anybody know if this is an option to enable/disable? Or was this a bug? Just curious? It looked awesome and everything was clickable, but I have not seen it sense.

Regards

Robert

324483189_CockpitwithSPS-141flaredisperserpannel.thumb.jpg.a1abe2259fd8e954ab0ed3e959e65974.jpg

Has anybody had the flare panel show up while flying the Mig-21? I was flying a quick mission I had created and flown many times. The last time I flew it, the Flare Panel was in front of the canopy rod as shown in the pic below. I tried the same mission again and it was not there. Anybody know if this is an option to enable/disable? Or was this a bug? Just curious? It looked awesome and everything was clickable, but I have not seen it sense.

Regards

Robert

The panel is available in the cockpit only if you have the SPS pod equipped (as loadout/"weapon").

Just so you know, when you don't have the SPS-141 pod you can still load countermeasures onto the RATO mounting points. You can then fire them with the drop RATO button which is under a red cap next to the throttle. Don't forget to power them up first though on the right side panel next to the AC power switch...

Hope his helps

• 1 year later...

Same problem

Hi i got a similar problem.

The SPS overhead panel und the nuke panel don't show up, even when i equip the SPS-Pod or a nuke. The switches show up on mouse over put the panels itself are not rendered?

The first time i recognized the problem was when i had to fly a ECM mission in the MIG21 campain...

:joystick: Ryzen 7 3800x | 32GB RAM | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus | ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Dual OC 8G | M.2 for DCS only | X56 | Thrustmaster TFRP | HTC Vive | TrackIR 5 | MONSTERTECH Desk Mounts | Windows 10 Pro

From what my squadron mate are reporting, you need to load the pod or nuke in the base before flying. If the plane is already equipped with the nuke or SPS in the mission file, it will not show up correctly. This is a recent bug. Eventually, when you are on the ground, load it again and it should show.

Indeed, rearming via ground crew works perfect... just tested it!

Thank you for your help :thumbup:

:joystick: Ryzen 7 3800x | 32GB RAM | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus | ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Dual OC 8G | M.2 for DCS only | X56 | Thrustmaster TFRP | HTC Vive | TrackIR 5 | MONSTERTECH Desk Mounts | Windows 10 Pro