Tricks for visiblity

paleohayduke

To see other aircraft and even ground objects at a distance. Any specific graphic settings that do well with the view from inside the MiG's windshield. When I zoom in I notice a lot of dirt that often catches my eye. I've been fiddling with graphics settings a bit but to no real avail. I hate it when I let myself use the labels.

I think most of us have put our faith to EDGE/DCS 2.0, to help us solve this spotting issue. Some say there is an issue some say there is none because it's realistic this way.

I'm sorry to say that I don't think there are any modifications around to improve visibility in regards to targets, airborne or ground vehicles, without resorting labels.

But you might wanna give this one a try, https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/270020/

It replaces the standard labels with a dot, though I've only tried it for a short while I think it could be a worthy compromise.

I'm sure someone will create a mod with a clean wind shield for the MiG-21, just give it a few more weeks.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

I think a lot of it has to do with the canopy. If I go to external view I can instantly see other aircraft, I go back to internal and turns super difficult/impossible to see.

Other units in DCS always appear bigger when in external view. I guess it probably has todo with the FoV.

Though I am still thinking that it is quite realistic currently.

IRL I have often been in situations where I knew where another airplane had to be. Even if that aircraft was just 4-5km out, it was often very time consuming to spot, if spottable at all.

While these aircraft weren't fighters, they often had similar dimensions.

Spoting another aircraft while flying one, is not comparable to spotting an aircraft from the ground. It is much much harder.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

When I am gliding, it is easy for me to spot another glider that is many kilometers away, but they ARE painted white, so that probably helps :D Maybe one day DCS will make use of Smart Scaling...

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

But you might wanna give this one a try, https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/270020/

It replaces the standard labels with a dot, though I've only tried it for a short while I think it could be a worthy compromise.

I'm using this mod with quite good results. I can spot aircrafts much better now and without the feeling that i'm cheating! :P

i think, once they fix the "box", which should be an easy task for them, then spotting aircraft or objects in general(note the box is also used for many if not all ground targets) should be way better....now i dont know whether the mig21 lod refers to that box at a certain distance, but even if not, the mig21 pilot will then still struggle to spot other planes as they are very likely using that box LOD model.