MiG-21 gear brakes - high speed tolerance?

Kenan

I noticed when I land, I can actually start hitting the brakes around 300 kp/h and keep on "pumping" untill the plane stops (without chute). Never do brakes fail or tires blow. I know in Su-27 it's a whole different story, having to start braking under 220 kph and only in small intervals (othervise tires will blow).

So, does MiG-21 really have such a durable brakes/tires or is the tire damage (when overbreaking) not modelled?

I know you can blow the tires when landing too hard etc., but I'm talking about hitting the brakes at -300 kp/h and keeping them on and off untill the plane stops.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

the mig-21 has anti-lock brakes..... pretty sure you can't over break...

either way, i usually hold the brakes down till i get to around 250(ish) then i hold them down as much as i can after that, but the plane starts to rock back and forth and it's possible to break the gear itself and/or pop a tire because of the rocking... letting off the brakes usually stops the rocking from getting worse till you get below 100

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As Hadwell said, the MiG has a anti lock system. And a lock into the flight manual offers 330km/h as maximum permissible ground speed for braking.

The RL manual tells us, that it is permissible to apply full brake from the very beginning of the braking application.

If you want to blow your tyres, switch off the anti lock system.

Fox

braking.thumb.PNG.1da3b87d1d9e1f0ef83e66c178b15eff.PNG

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3