TrackIR vs Alternatives

Hey guys, haven't seen any thread around, nor on youtube on my first glance so I just wanted to ask this !

What are your experiences for those of you who may have tried both, would you be willing to share impressions, experiences, give a small review in which you express pros and cons towards either. A short description of which works better in your experience?

I'd like to know if either offers advantages other than "putting the time in to set it up".

Do they work on exactly the same principle?

Is one more prone to glitches than the other?

Do they feel equally smooth?

How is the software?

Ease of use?

Tweaking access?

Setup?

Resource heavy?

Thank you for your time!

Any information is greatly appreciated and may help folks around make a smart decision :) !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz

H100i

256 GB SSD + 1TB HDD Crucial+ WD Blue

16 Gb Ram DDR3-1866-C9R Mhz Veng. Pro.

GA-Z97X-G5

SuperNova 750 G2

Opentrack software - free, user friendly, still in development. Allows smooth tracking, several trackers to choose from

Ps3 eye cam about 10$

Few IR LEDS - not much tbh/ or Aruco board same almost free if u have any kind of printer at home

Pros its cheap in comparison to TrackIR

Cons- if u dont use professional visible light filter u might have some issues with tracking if ur pcs monitor is facing some kind of strong light source or a window, a bit of time on hand to put the full setup together and modify cam for ir use

Edited by trooph