horizontal trim messing everything up

pepto

now i'm not an expert on the warthog and this very well just be part of the sim and all but let's say i have a significantly heavier right wing load and it's causing instability, so the obvious thing to do is to trim it to the left right? well when i do that the aircraft becomes INSANELY unstable to the point where no matter how perfectly i trim it to counter the wonky directional movement i still can't even keep it stable with autopilot on. does the horizontal trim only effect rudder input? because based on how the aircraft responds it seems like that's what's going on. it's literally impossible to fly like this, it's like trying to fly a plane that's balancing on a unicycle on a tightrope :P

[EDIT] this should have gone in the bugs and problems section apologies everyone :doh:

Edited by pepto

I did not experience this. By "horizontal trim" do you mean trim left and trim right commands? If so, they seem to be working fine for balancing uneven loads. They do seem to be quite sensitive though and it it's easy to over-trim in the opposite direction, so it usually takes me a couple of tries. Also, plane's reaction is delayed so you have to be patient (and again, not over-trim).

I also never experienced this behaviour. Could you post a track?

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well there is a very big difference between Roll/Aileron trim and Yaw/Rudder trim. You should double check that you're using the correct (Roll) trim to counter asymmetrical weight and drag at the wing tips.

I should also point out that extreme asymmetrical loads could make the aircraft handle horribly. But you seem to indicate that it won't even fly level.

Edited by P*Funk

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Yeah, it's just short presses for me, I trim it, so it slowly rolls to the other side and when is the plane leveled, I press trim to the other side to stabilize the plane.

To level heavier side requires only a bit of a trim, I think you really overdid it.

By "horizontal trim" I'm assuming you are referring to rudder trim, given the description of the effect.

What you should be using is aileron trim, otherwise known as "Left/Right Wing Down" (LWD and RWD on the control yoke's trim hat).

Utilising rudder trim to create the same effect will permanently place the aircraft in a position whereby it will pull AND roll in the direction of the applied rudder trim which, obviously, is undesired.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com