[DCS FC3] Help me to configure Logitech Attack 3

Valium

Hey guys.

I know that someone created the topic about Logitech Attack 3 and its configuration for DCS but it was created in ... 2006 so I'm not going to continue that topic after 9 years.

I downloaded DCS and bought FC3, I've got Logitech Attack 3 joystick and I'd like to configure it but I don't know why and I don't want also to set it and check it thousands times if you know what I mean.

The main problem is the fact that every plane is so sensitive now, it's hard to maintain flight level. I tried to air-refueling and I've not done it so far.

I haven't checked A-G attack.

I used to play LOFC2. I downloaded one configuration for Saitek and it was working fine. I downloaded it from lockonfiles, there was 'joystic' section but I see there isn't something like that if we talk about DCS, so I don't know where I should search.

What's more, I remember that in LOFC 2 there was possibility to trim the plane by pressing Ctrl + T buttons and I see this option seems not to exist in DCS.

Cheers.

Edited by Valium

Hello Valium,

I have the Logitech attack 3 joystick and I encountered issues relating to planes being way too sensitive as well. When I first played FC3 and flew the f-15 without any joystick configuration, I was blown away by how difficult it was to fly due to sensitivity issues.

What I have discovered is that it is best to simply adjust the dead zones and the curvature settings for both the x and y axis of the joystick. The settings that I am most comfortable with atm is curvature between 30-35 (i use 35) and a dead zone of around 8-10 or less. I used to reduce the Y saturation to anywhere between 60-85 for fighter aircraft because they are more sensitive in flight than ground attack aircraft, but now I leave the saturation at 100. You can use curvature of 25-30 for the A-10C and other ground attack aircraft.

If this isn't comfortable and you still find it to be too sensitive, you can experiment and reduce the joystick X Y saturation which might help, but remember when you do this you are reducing the virtual range of the joystick which might not be ideal in some instances if you want to achieve the tightest turns possible.

Also, I think some aircraft do not allow you to reset the trim using ctrl +t.

Could you tell me what settings do you have set for other planes?

I set the same settings for Su-27 but it works strangely.

The su-27 is just an unwieldy beast. You just have to get used to it I guess ;)

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

I have the same settings for the su 27 as I do for other fighter aircraft. Dead zone of 10 for x and y axis and a curvature of 35 for both axis as well. Just as SilentGun stated, the su 27 is difficult to fly, more so than the f-15 because it has the tendency to pitch its nose upwards and needs to be trimmed constantly. You will have to exercise more discipline and control when flying this bird - just practice flying it more and you get used to how the aircraft handles.