UltraMFCD - drag, resize and click display exports. Zero configuration.

Sgt_Baker

Still getting "expired" message. Double checked again to make sure nothing was blocking.

Anything else you can think of for me to check?

Eric

This is almost certainly something preventing UltraMFCD Beta 1 from contacting ultramfcd.com on startup. The "phone home" thing is only implemented in the Beta versions - such functionality would be an abhorrence in any live product. Check and re-check that your firewall isn't silently blocking network comms.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, my findings so far, slow, using A10C Training Mission Navigation I generally have 50 fps in windowed at 1680 x 1050.

I find that my graphic options need to be set at High - tried Medium but had no control and windows were larger.

So, at High settings and running your FPS at FULL I have 10 fps at 1\5 I have 15 fps

Top marks for this, it's great being able to read the TAD on the separate monitor, is there a way to selectively turn the windows off? or can they only be minimised?

Now this is why we have beta tests. You should be getting waaaaay more than 10/15fps given your specs. Kindly check that you have the correct drivers installed for the AMD 290. If the problem persists, I'll add some debug output which will give us an indication of exactly where the massive drop in FPS is occurring.

uMFCD's "design goal" is 30FPS on a "wheezy" system - which yours is not.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

...is there a way to selectively turn the windows off? or can they only be minimised?

Each window has three size/position memories that can be selected by clicking one of the three icons that appear in the top-right of any exported display. Additionally, future versions will definitely have options allowing you to specify exactly which displays to export.

PositionMemories.jpg

Edited by Sgt_Baker

I am getting a game crash on mission start. fresh win 8 install and fresh DCSW install. it goes into mission without UM running. I have no mods at all.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

I am getting a game crash on mission start. fresh win 8 install and fresh DCSW install. it goes into mission without UM running. I have no mods at all.

Roger that. Will make the next release more vocal about stuff that's going wrong.

There should be an error report in the Windows Event Log. Mind pasting it here or emailing it to dcsmods@fe23.co.uk?

Ok I found that it needed me to run DCS without it on different aircraft, then back to A10 and it works, I don't seem to have much of a FPS hit, like the cdu. it looks good so far will buy when finished.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Hy Sgt_Baker, works mostly fine, very great job i gained around 15/20 FPS :thumbup: more than i could ever dream! :joystick:

Here are my current problems:

-Exports not working when using uMFCD

-Mouse floats and stills moving for a fiew seconds after i stop moving it.

-Can't save Exports positions

-The touch MFCDs option seems not working, the MFCD still touch sensitive even the option is unchecked.

Key bindingin is not recognicing my keyboard and my settings are not saved.

I can't move MFCDs and they don't do anything if I push mouse button over them.

I have game installed C:\Pelit\DCS World\ -folder and I started UltraMFCD from D:\Pelit\A_Pelit\DCS\UltraMFCDBeta1 -folder. And my computer dotNet version is 4.5.50938

On game options I have unchecked Full Screen option.

I have four monitors which 3 of them are in surround.

CDU and some other window just popup for few seconds...

I attached screenshot of how MFCDs show up..

Screen_141129_180943.thumb.jpg.1fe0c681b88012c62934f1638ba7f8f6.jpg

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

After further testing yes to the above..

-Mouse floats and still moving for a few seconds after I stop moving it.

-Can't save Exports positions

-Keybindings only work on mouse buttons

looks like you got a bit of work to do to beat Icemans EMC. but keep at it as this is a better thing not using Exports or changing DCS..

Now this is why we have beta tests. You should be getting waaaaay more than 10/15fps given your specs. Kindly check that you have the correct drivers installed for the AMD 290. If the problem persists, I'll add some debug output which will give us an indication of exactly where the massive drop in FPS is occurring.

uMFCD's "design goal" is 30FPS on a "wheezy" system - which yours is not.

Okay, I have checked the drivers and they were old, now using the latest version 14.301.

With the new drivers installed using the same tests as before, where I was getting 10fps I am now getting between 21 and 33 but it is still choppy, not smooth at all.

Regards the beta expired message some have reported, I also received this message once so far, however, I think it may have something to do with me installing and running Fraps - I also note that when running Fraps on one occasion I was able to start uMFCD and Fraps reported frame rates of 55 downside was that I could not move the enlarged on screen MFCD's.

Edited by ddocg
update to driver info

Dave

Intel Core i7 4770K i30 cooler Win 7 Pro 64bit Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 240GB OS Drive

Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 120GB DCSW Dedicated Drive ASUS Radeon R9 290 ASUS Z87-K

Corsair 16GB DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black 1600mhz Corsair AX860i PSU Thermaltake Chaser A71 Case

Acer S271HL 27 inch monitor 1No 8" lilliput touch screen, running uMFCD

TM HOTAS Cougar with TUSBA TM Cougar Stick Simped F16 C with RUSBA Track IR5

Key bindingin is not recognicing my keyboard and my settings are not saved.

I can't move MFCDs and they don't do anything if I push mouse button over them.

I have game installed C:\Pelit\DCS World\ -folder and I started UltraMFCD from D:\Pelit\A_Pelit\DCS\UltraMFCDBeta1 -folder. And my computer dotNet version is 4.5.50938

On game options I have unchecked Full Screen option.

I have four monitors which 3 of them are in surround.

CDU and some other window just popup for few seconds...

I attached screenshot of how MFCDs show up..

Thanks for the report. This is actually one that I was semi-expecting. Without getting in to further nitty-gritty, when you say your displays are in "surround" mode, would that be the surround mode offered specifically by nVidia cards?

The screenies you posted are symptomatic of uMFCD literally half working, and I anticipated trouble with said "surround" technology.

Okay, I have checked the drivers and they were old, now using the latest version 14.301.

With the new drivers installed using the same tests as before, where I was getting 10fps I am now getting between 21 and 33 but it is still choppy, not smooth at all.

Regards the beta expired message some have reported, I also received this message once so far, however, I think it may have something to do with me installing and running Fraps - I also note that when running Fraps on one occasion I was able to start uMFCD and Fraps reported frame rates of 55 downside was that I could not move the enlarged on screen MFCD's.

OK... that's sort of good news. As mentioned previously, I will add some output which will give us some stats for specifically this issue on your machine.

Sorry Icemaker I got topgun on the brain lol.

yes this is good but EMC is just so easy individual tabs for each aircraft, tick boxes for each export, move and resize just seems easier on EMC.

BUT the plus side of this is no export.lua changes to DCS, no need to have monitor resolution set to cover all screens, so much better FPS in game.

I am being won over but I have used EMC since it came out and if it wasn't for a computer reinstall from scratch I probably still would be.

I will support this with testing because I think it could be a great asset.

@IceMaker & G00dnight

Yep, it doesn't save export positions between sessions at the moment. There's no impediment to doing so - it is simply that the code driving that functionality is presently in the middle of an upgrade in response to new requirements brought about by features we're adding to things like the CDU. What I didn't want in this release was displays mysteriously vanishing (i.e. buggily being displayed offscreen somewhere), so it presently defaults to a set of precalculated positions.

The "mouse floating" issue, however, is one of a category of bugs I personally chalk up as "profoundly annoying". As you can see from the absence of this occurring in the videos, it's clearly an unusual and unwanted behaviour. I have some ideas as to why this might be happening, but I may also contact you both directly for specific feedback if that's OK.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

i export data to my home cokpit, and when i use uMFCD i have an LUA error related to my export.lua but only when using uMFCD.

EDCORE: Can't execute Lua file J:\IceMakeR\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua - [string "J:\IceMakeR\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"]:23: ')' expected near 'logfile'
And here you have my export.lua

The error seems to be between LuaExportbeforeNextFrame and LuaExportAfterNextFrame.

Export_Log = true --Enable/Disable Logs

if Export_Log then
   logfile = io.open(lfs.writedir()..[[Logs\Export.log]], "w")
   logfile:write("-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------", "\n")
   logfile:write("----------------------------------- Export Start : ".. os.date("%d/%m/%Y").. " at " .. os.date("%X").." -----------------------------------", "\n")
   logfile:write("-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------", "\n")
   logfile:write("", "\n")
end

--Setup udp sockets
package.path  = package.path..";.\\LuaSocket\\?.lua"
package.cpath = package.cpath..";.\\LuaSocket\\?.dll"

-- Lua Export Functions
LuaExportStart = function()

end

function LuaExportBeforeNextFrame()

end

function LuaExportAfterNextFrame()

end

LuaExportStop = function()    
   if Export_Log then
       logfile:write("------------------------------------------ Export Stop: " .. os.date("%X").." -----------------------------------------", "\n")
       logfile:close()
   end
end

--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SiocExport.lua]])
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\Export_Cockpit.lua]])
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\Helios_Export.lua]])
--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\WitchcraftExport.lua]])
--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\TacviewExportDCS.lua]])

Ice I have a question for you, do you have F86 Sabre if so does it work with your export in where it is as my F86 crashes on load and if I take export out it loads fine.

SGt could the floaty mouse be to do with screen res I have 2 screens with different reses.

ice on your other prob have you tried removing the dofiles one at a time.