UltraMFCD - drag, resize and click display exports. Zero configuration.

Sgt_Baker

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update.

I am no longer getting the "beta expired" message and hope to try the new update tonight.

Awesome. That message may have been related to the bug I patched in this latest update. The manifestation on this end was a total show-stopper (massive crash), but it could theoretically have been causing your problem.

I hope it works out later. :)

Edit: It wasn't related, but I have now located and corrected the actual bug you were experiencing.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Running update 3 and here is what I get when I start up DCS. For about 1 second right before the briefing screen where you click on "Fly" comes up the mfd's are showing in the proper position and size and then the screen changes to the attached screen shot.

I have not been able to move or resize the mfd's after that.

Any ideas on what I should check?

Thanks,

Eric

Screen_141205_010331.thumb.jpg.c4c808b15edf2df49ac70ad011f4d407.jpg

Running update 3 and here is what I get when I start up DCS. For about 1 second right before the briefing screen where you click on "Fly" comes up the mfd's are showing in the proper position and size and then the screen changes to the attached screen shot.

I have not been able to move or resize the mfd's after that.

Any ideas on what I should check?

Thanks,

Eric

Yep, that's symptomatic of stuff not working. Are there any messages in the "System Messages" output?

B

SysMessages.png

Edited by Sgt_Baker

oh... follow up question about the iControl DCS and this mod hand in hand.

Since I only use a single screen. I've had to create a "virtual monitor" for the exports to 'display' in, and for the app to use.

With this... Will I be able to hide the export; but will still show on the app ?

oh... follow up question about the iControl DCS and this mod hand in hand.

Since I only use a single screen. I've had to create a "virtual monitor" for the exports to 'display' in, and for the app to use.

With this... Will I be able to hide the export; but will still show on the app ?

The plan for the future is that iControl receives data directly from uMFCD, removing the need to have the exported displays visible anywhere except your phone/tablet.

Ok Sgt.

keybinds bound and saving..check.

MFD's & CDU positioned and working, saving between starts...Check.

Floatymouse gone...Check.

tested and all seems to be working as it should.

NEEEEXT..

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Ok Sgt.

keybinds bound and saving..check.

MFD's & CDU positioned and working, saving between starts...Check.

Floatymouse gone...Check.

tested and all seems to be working as it should.

NEEEEXT..

:)

I spoke to eric963 via PM. I know the likely cause of the bug he's experiencing. That and double checking that uMFCD plays nice when non-supported aircraft are flown and we're neeeeext.

OK do you want me to go through each aircraft with Umfcd running to check them out ?.

only one I don't have is Mig21.

@ ice.. mine is not colour normal mav screen with colour pod screen.

Edited by G00dnight

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

What is your schedule to get this work with Nvidia Surround?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

OK Sgt.

First set of test is favourable, All the Modules start up with no problems I have flown all modules except Mig21 don't have it.

UMFCD was running and detected DCS in all cases.

one thing I did get was large SHK & Abris covering the whole screen in KA50. No tabs or any way to move them, Might not be anything to do with you though. I will look further.

Hi,

Very late to the party but I'd love to help test this out if you're still looking for willing guinea pigs?

EDIT - Just saw you're into public beta and so I've downloaded it and will be trying it out tonight :D Sgt.Baker, might I suggest you edit the original post at the start of this with a link to the public beta and your website?

N1tch

Edited by N1tch

Hi,

Very late to the party but I'd love to help test this out if you're still looking for willing guinea pigs?

EDIT - Just saw you're into public beta and so I've downloaded it and will be trying it out tonight :D Sgt.Baker, might I suggest you edit the original post at the start of this with a link to the public beta and your website?

N1tch

Done :)

What is your schedule to get this work with Nvidia Surround?

Will get back to you on this. nVidia surround is, by definition I think, a fullscreen technology. I may be mistaken here, but DCS is able to perform this function itself - simply set the resolution you desire in-game (3840 x 1080 to cover two HD displays, for example) and it'll go ahead and cover that screen area without any assistance from the graphics driver.

In other words, I think Surround/Eyefinity are specifically aimed at games that are incapable of innately operating across multiple displays as DCS does.

Thoughts on this from others?

B

Ok...because you told so I just tested without Nvidia surround in my 4 monitor setup. Still same thing...so it's nothing to do with Nvidia surround.

Funny thing..I haven't never thought that I can run DCS without surround..lol...:D...so thx..now I can use my desktop normal way...:megalol:

I attached my monitor lua file and error from uMFCD....

EDIT: Now I know why I use Nvidia surround...can't run DCS missions in Full screen mode without Nvidia surround...DCS starts fine but freeze after mission load

Four_monitors_7440x1200_MFD.lua

uMFCD_error_1.thumb.JPG.5cc75e8a3600719cd816cb2928c60850.JPG

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Ok...because you told so I just tested without Nvidia surround in my 4 monitor setup. Still same thing...so it's nothing to do with Nvidia surround.

Funny thing..I haven't never thought that I can run DCS without surround..lol...:D...so thx..now I can use my desktop normal way...:megalol:

I attached my monitor lua file and error from uMFCD....

EDIT: Now I know why I use Nvidia surround...can't run DCS missions in Full screen mode without Nvidia surround...DCS starts fine but freeze after mission load

The point is that you don't need fullscreen any more. It's a concept firmly rooted in 1998.

:)

@Sgt_Baker, I've been trying your app out the last few days, have to say I'm very impressed, and will definitely buy the full version. I have run into an issue though, if I have the frame rate set to anything other than full the TGP always appears greyed out? Any ideas?

Yes indeed.

Go in to DCS's Options and set "Res. of Cockpit Displays" to "1024 Every Frame". uMFCD will force this setting come the next update.

B