UHF Radio ADF Homing

Joni

Hi Belsimtek!

Do we have any ETR on the resolution of this bug? A lot of Huey pilots find this function necessary for normal flight.

This combined with the ability to set a TACAN UHF frequency and then get the bearing to it by the ADF funcition of our radio will be great!

THanks.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

ADF homing per se works correctly, at least in the Huey. Some of the default stations, however, may not be functioning ATM.

EDIT: And oh yeah, I'm talking about the AN/ARN-83 set, BTW. Was that what you meant?

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

im sorry but i think you might be confusing with the ADF radio.

What im talking about is the ADF switch inside the UHF radio which does not work atm and i was trying to see if it will in the near future.

thanks anyway.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

sorry, i had not seen the edit when replying.

thanks

• 3 months later...

Has anyone managed to get this working? I've tried recently but I can't make the ADF setting drive any instruments although I do hear the beacon noise on the UHF Radio

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Its not implemented yet. Not sure its considered a bug, but it wont work for now.

Its not implemented yet. Not sure its considered a bug, but it wont work for now.

That's a shame... It would be very useful!

Maybe in DCS 2.0

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 1 month later...

A similar bug: FM homing is not working with MP on client side.

It does work on SP and for the HOST in MP.

Clients can't hear nor Home to a unit transmitting in FM frequency.

Its important for realistic navigation.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

I've actually managed to get FM homing working on the client side using the old createRadioTransmission function.

If you have a look at the CTLD script and search radio you should find it. The script refreshes it every 30 seconds and repeat is set to false for the transmission as otherwise it doesn't work for new clients joining.

• 1 month later...

Just discovered this last night. Friend and I got online to fly a mission I created specifically to practice radio navigation and we found out the host was fine but client could not get the signal. Does anyone know whether this is fixed in DCS 1.5?

i use a repeating trigger that reloads teh FM file every 30 seconds or so... thats the only way i can get it to work in multiplayer.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• 3 weeks later...

Still same bug in DCS 1.5.

FM radio homing wont work client side in multiplayer.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.