Can't see the Fw 190 or the BF 109 in Mission Editor

BooMaster097

Hello,

I am attempting to place a few Fw 190's and also a few BF 109's down in a mission so other people can fly them. When I go to do so I cannot find them in the aircraft list under any country, nor under any category of aircraft. I tried installing both, and still no luck. I HAVE NOT bought either of them, but I would assume that shouldn't be an issue because I can still place aircraft down that I do not own such as the F-86F and both MIG's. I am using the newest version of DCS and I just downloaded and installed both modules about 20 minutes ago, so I assume it isn't a compatibility issue. I am running windows 8.1 pro x64.

I am stumped on this one, and any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

First thing to try is running a repair.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Then I would delete the folder DCS World\CoreMods\WWII Units and run a repair again.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

try to first assign the role , like cas or cap (e.g. the su 25 wont sho up for CAP)

and change the "skill" to client or player(sp only)

hope that does the trick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

From my original post, "When I go to do so I cannot find them in the aircraft list under any country, nor under any category of aircraft."

Normally with aircraft that I do not own, they would still show up, but just not in yellow. For some reason, I cant even see them at all...

From my original post, "When I go to do so I cannot find them in the aircraft list under any country, nor under any category of aircraft."

Normally with aircraft that I do not own, they would still show up, but just not in yellow. For some reason, I cant even see them at all...

Can you confirm that you have this folder in your DCS installation directory:

...\DCS World\CoreMods\WWII Units

and that it is about 110 MB in size, contains 53 files and 11 subdirectories?

If no, then try once again a DCS Repair - and then post the autoupdate_log.txt from the DCS installation directory here.

If yes, then create a dummy mission in the mission editor (using any other aircraft) and start it. You can exit the mission directly after it loaded. Then upload here the me.log and dcs.log from your ...\Saved Games\logs directory.

I think the Bf, unlike the Fw doesn't appear on non German nations unit list. The Fw should though.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

If no, then try once again a DCS Repair - and then post the autoupdate_log.txt from the DCS installation directory here.

If yes, then create a dummy mission in the mission editor (using any other aircraft) and start it. You can exit the mission directly after it loaded. Then upload here the me.log and dcs.log from your ...\Saved Games\logs directory.

For some reason it won't let me upload the file, but I can tell you what I BELIEVE to be the problem.

(dcs.log)

00001.156 UNKNOWN WinMain: plugin: World War II AI Units by Eagle Dynamics skipped, not authorized

00001.156 UNKNOWN WinMain: plugin: Bf 109 K-4 by Eagle Dynamics applied

00001.156 UNKNOWN WinMain: unit Bf-109K-4 not found

00001.156 UNKNOWN WinMain: plugin: FW-190D9 Dora by Eagle Dynamics applied

00001.156 UNKNOWN WinMain: unit FW-190D9 not found

00009.909 ERROR WorldPlugIns: Can't load plugin module ./mods/aircraft/Bf-109K-4/bin/Bf109K4.dll :A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

00015.269 ERROR WorldPlugIns: Can't load plugin module ./mods/aircraft/FW-190D9/bin/FW190D9.dll :A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

00017.168 ERROR WorldPlugIns: Can't load plugin module ./mods/aircraft/FW-190D9/bin/Cockpit_FW190D9.dll :A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

(me.log)

It shows all of the entry.lua's loading, then below it shows the same thing in regards to the plugins not loading.

For some reason it won't let me upload the file, but I can tell you what I BELIEVE to be the problem.

(dcs.log)

00001.156 UNKNOWN WinMain: plugin: World War II AI Units by Eagle Dynamics skipped, not authorized

00009.909 ERROR WorldPlugIns: Can't load plugin module ./mods/aircraft/Bf-109K-4/bin/Bf109K4.dll :A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

00015.269 ERROR WorldPlugIns: Can't load plugin module ./mods/aircraft/FW-190D9/bin/FW190D9.dll :A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

00017.168 ERROR WorldPlugIns: Can't load plugin module ./mods/aircraft/FW-190D9/bin/Cockpit_FW190D9.dll :A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

(me.log)

It shows all of the entry.lua's loading, then below it shows the same thing in regards to the plugins not loading.

You said in your first posting that you haven't bought the modules, but yet the user flyable modules seem to be installed. This is odd.

But even if - somehow - you accidentally installed the modules, they should not fail to initialize this way. Instead they should ask you for the serial number every time you start a mission.

What does the module manager exactly say about these modules? Are they listed as "available" or "installed"? Try to get rid of them via the module manager.

If that does not work or is not possible, try to delete the directories

./mods/aircraft/FW-190D9

./mods/aircraft/Bf-109K-4

in your DCS installation directory.

In either case, also run a DCS Repair afterwards and watch, if they perhaps reappear again.

For some reason it will not allow me to post the .log files, but I do believe that I found the issue.

dcs.log

me.log

Uhm, you posted that already. Please try out what I wrote in my last posting (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2325873&postcount=12).

Sorry, it was not showing it, even though there was two pages... I have not bought either of them, but I attempted to download and install them to see if that might fix the problem. I was having the problem with them not being installed, and also while being installed. I do see the activation key pop up window, and the module manager does say they are installed and activated.

I did deactivate them, ran a repair, and still no luck. I did, however, notice that there isn't a "World War II Units" option in my module manager.

Sorry, it was not showing it, even though there was two pages... I have not bought either of them, but I attempted to download and install them to see if that might fix the problem. I was having the problem with them not being installed, and also while being installed. I do see the activation key pop up window, and the module manager does say they are installed and activated.

I did deactivate them, ran a repair, and still no luck. I did, however, notice that there isn't a "World War II Units" option in my module manager.

"World War II Units" is not supposed to show up in the module manager, so that is okay.

Before I now suggest anything that could potential screw up your installation even further, you probably should rather contact ED support with this issue. Point them to this thread.

Or if you feel a bit adventurous:

1. remove the tick mark for the modules in the module manager. I hope, that this will disable them from the autoupdater to be recognized so that they will not be reinstalled when running a repair.

2. delete the two module directories from ...\DCS World\mods\aircraft and also from ...\DCS World\CoreMods\ (now there should be no traces of the two aircraft on your system anymore)

3. run again a DCS Repair. The module folders under CoreMods should reappear (that is ok as they are part of the DCS base installation), but not under mods. This should result in a clean installation without playable modules but with the AI variants of the two aircraft.

4. try it out in the mission editor

If that fails, I am out of ideas (besides a complete new installation of DCS:W). Then you should really contact the support.

The thing is; this isn't the first install of DCS that it has done this. I'll submit a ticket and we shall see. Thanks for trying :)

Hrm ... it could then be some problem with the C++ runtime libraries - or something in that regard. It seems, that the module's .DLL are called, but somehow return unexpected results - so it could be related to the binary code portion of DCS which relies on those libraries.

There are some sticky postings somewhere that explain how to update those libraries - perhaps worth a try.