HTTP Source Error

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2333772#post2333772

Hallo, mit dem neuen Patch habe ich wieder das alte Problem!

HTTP Source Error

1.2.14 habe ich folgendermaßen zum laufen gebracht

DCS komplett vom Rechner gelöscht, hernach

zu OldVatern mit schnellem Internet gefahren und Stück für Stück den DCS Updater und die einzelnen Module auf USB Stick gespeichert (was bei meinen Modulen auch mehrere Stunden gedauert hat).

Zuhause dann alles installiert ... und siehe da, DCS lief!

Voller Freude gleich die Kurfürst gekauft.

Nun der neue Patch und die alte Sch....!!!!!

Eben wollte ich den neuen Patch installieren, nach ca. 30 Minuten dann der Abbruch!

---- HTTP Source Error --- und im Logfile steht: Verzeichnis ist nicht leer ----

Ich hab echt die Faxen dick, jedesmal wenn was neues von DCS kommt, das Game mit Modulen komplett neu zu installieren.

Die Stunden die ich mich mit Updates die irgendwann abgebrochen sind und mit den Patches vertan habe, übersteigt bei weitem, die Zeit, die ich im "Cockpit" verbracht habe.

Ich glaube, dass die DCS Updates für lahme Internetverbindungen zu mächtig sind. Komischerweise funktionieren die Updates in Rise of Flight und Battle of Stalingrad nachwievor einwandfrei und ohne Komplikationen.

Was ist eigentlich, mit meinen "10 Installations-Lizenzen", wenn ich DCS jedesmal bei einem Patch vollkommen neu aufsetzen muss???

Gruß. Bibi

Hello, with the new patch I have the old problem again!

HTTP Source Error

1.2.14 if I have as follows to run brought

DCS completely from the calculator extinguished, afterwards

to OldVatern with quick Internet driven and bit by bit the DCS Updater and the single modules on USB Stick stored (what has lasted with my modules also several hours).

At home then everything instal... and see there, DCS ran!

Full joy immediately the K4 Kurfürst.

Now the new patch and old Sh..!!!!!

Just I wanted to instal the new patch, after approx. 30 minutes then the demolition!

----HTTP Source Error --- Logfile: List is not empty----

I m amgry, every time if what comes new from DCS to instal the Game with modules completely anew.

The hours I me with updates they have broken off sometime and with the patches has wasted, exceeds by far, the time which I have spent in the "cockpit".

I think that the updates DCS are too mighty for low Internet connections. Funny enough the updates function in Rise of Flight and Battle of Stalin's degree perfectly and without complications.

What is real, with my "10 install-licences" if I must put on DCS every time with a patch completely anew???

Regards Bibi

It seems he have a very bad internet connection at home. He says other games can update via their autoupdater, though.

Do the DCS updater re-connect if the connection is lost? Is there something he can do, to make sure the updater works? Are there any tests he can do?

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

• 3 weeks later...

unknown HTTPSOURCE error

Hi All.

Up to yesterday I never had any problems with updates from ED using their inbuilt "Update.exe" and also game downloads via the MODULE Manager! Yesterday I got "unknown HTTPSOURCE error". Tried about 8 times with a DL Speed of 600-700Kbs, errored out every time until on the 9th attempt I got a slower DL Speed of between 100 - 250Kbs. Downloaded over 6hours and got 450Mb of the update- I aborted at that stage as it was going to take another 24hrs at that rate to complete the update.

Disabled my firewall, did a repair on DCS World and downloaded the latest 64bit "update.exe" - still same error. Contacted support and their only response was that I download DCS World (all 9GB+ of it). This meant uninstalling DCS World, cleaning out the DCS World Folder and reinstalling it from my Download which I did via Torrent! Did all that and guess what? When I went into Module Manager to install my modules I got the same bloody error!

Support now told me to download the Modules directly via the individual installers on their shop website! I went back into Module Manager to see what MODULES I owned and as I was doing that an update for the "Update.exe" was downloaded! So I thought let's try the Module Manager again and hey presto it is working but it appears as if they have throttled back the DL Speed to a Max of 250Kbs. Taken 15-20 mins to download 370Mb KA-50 Blackshark. Anybody else had similar problems?

Saluti,

Vince

• 2 weeks later...