Random Target placement

Sierra99

Gents,

I have a mission with numerous ground units and 4 Shilkas guarding a base... Trouble is we obviously know where the bad guys are before we get to the base so finding and killing them is easy.

Is there a way to place multiple multiple ground units and Shilkas and then spawn random combinations for a given mission?

Thanks

Gary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

There are a number of options available. :)

With triggers. Place however many groups you want and check the "late activation" box.

Go into triggers and make a trigger with the conditions

Once>Flag 1 is less than 4 AND random 10%> Activate Group 1 and Flag 1 increase by 1

clone this trigger and change the group that gets activated for each trigger.

What this does is it will randomly spawn up to 4 groups. The more groups you have the more possible combinations exist.

You can also do it with scripting and some easy to use functions I made with mist. For the sake of simplicity you can either use Group to random Zone or random distance from self. Both of these functions do basically the same thing, but just a little differently. They are commands that tell the group to move to a random position. For the RandomZone function the position is defined by a trigger zone in the editor, for the random distance from self function the group will move to any location with in the defined radius from itself.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

There are a number of options available. :)

With triggers. Place however many groups you want and check the "late activation" box.

Go into triggers and make a trigger with the conditions

Once>Flag 1 is less than 4 AND random 10%> Activate Group 1 and Flag 1 increase by 1

clone this trigger and change the group that gets activated for each trigger.

What this does is it will randomly spawn up to 4 groups. The more groups you have the more possible combinations exist.

Well... THIS is what I tried and it doesn't werkski. I am not seeing the "AND" option so I'm guessing I am not selecting the correct path to start. What I am trying to accomplish is spawn 1 group of 4 Shilkas from the 6 groups available. Let me know what I did incorrectly sir and you will earn my deepest appreciation...

Thanks Grimes!

Triggers test.miz

Triggers test 2.miz

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

How I would do it is...

1. Set all the groups you wish to spawn to Late Activation

2. Create a trigger Mission Start>(Blank)>Set Flag Random Value Min=1 Max=6

3. Create a trigger Once>Flag Equals 1>Group Activate

4. Clone #3 five more times increasing the flag amount by 1 and setting the Group to the next group.

That should do it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are using the "Flag is Less than Flag" condition. Change it to "Flag Is Less".

Flag is Less than flag compares the first flag value to the second flag value.

Flag is Less compares the flag value to a number.

As for the "AND" option. It is just a logical statement that isn't displayed. When there are mutiple trigger conditions the "AND" is added between each condition within the mission file. This link may help.

similar request

I have written 3 missions that I have used the ME to choose between

This is the way i have tried to do it using random

once> Random 50% > Flag set random value(1,1,3) flip coin set flag one at 1 2 or 3

once> time more7200... flag is less (1,1)...Flag equals (1,1) > loadmission1

If flag one is 1 the load mission 1

once> time more7210... flag is less (1,2)...Flag equals (1,2) > loadmission2

if flag 1 is 2 then mission

once> time more7220... flag is less (1,2)...Flag equals (1,3) > loadmission3

if flag 1 is 3 then mission 3

should this work as i anticipate to load different missions at random?

You don't need the Flag Is Less. Just test the flag to see if it is equal to 1, 2 or 3.

Also, the Time Is More can all three be the same number of seconds. Only one of the three will execute, depending upon the value of the flag, 1, 2 or 3.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I'm not sure why you want the Random 50%?

You can set the Random Flag at Mission Start or delay it a bit with Time Is More than a couple of few seconds.

For the Flag equals 1, 2 or 3 --

You can combine the Time More Than 7200 and Flag = x, with Time Since Flag is 7200 and Flag = x. Either way...

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Ok so it should work like this

once> > Flag set random value(1,1,3)

once> time more7200... Flag equals (1,1) > loadmission1

If flag one is 1 the load mission 1

once> time more7200... .Flag equals (1,2) > loadmission2

if flag 1 is 2 then mission

once> time more7200... Flag equals (1,3) > loadmission3

if flag 1 is 3 then mission 3

should this work as i anticipate to load different missions at random?

Gents,

I have a mission with numerous ground units and 4 Shilkas guarding a base... Trouble is we obviously know where the bad guys are before we get to the base so finding and killing them is easy.

Is there a way to place multiple multiple ground units and Shilkas and then spawn random combinations for a given mission?

Thanks

Gary

Yesterday I had no much time...

--------------Units and zone/s edition---------------

Create a group/s anywhere (best in a galaxy far far away...) -> named for this ex. G1

Create a zone/s where you'd like to the groups could spawn randomly (note you could make non-circular zones using Mist too) -> named for this ex. Z1

-------------------Triggers edition-------------------

Trigger 1 -> mission start or "once" time +4 or something simillar -> "do script file" and load Mist_version.lua

Trigger 2 -> time +10 or simillar -> "do script" and write:

mist.teleportInZone('G1', 'Z1')

---------------------------------------------------------

note you can teleport all units in a simple script, teleport at ramdom zone if you had created more......

Here you have all documentation about Mist:

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/TeleportInZone

I hope I helped you ;)

I personally suggest you to follow the "MIST" path instead of a "ONLY MISSION EDITOR" pathway... otherwise, you will find yourself somewhere in late 2015 using 25% of your time learning how to use MIST, 25% unlearning bad ME habits, and 50% ranting about so many lif-hours you wasted not using script in your previous mission :D

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

thank you all so much

Wrote the random teleport in mist also used the ME as WC had set me straight on

now have encountered no problems either way and have 3 branches to go to as and if or scenario

much appreciation.

I want the random unit to be invisible on the map when placed by mist and though it is checked as hidden it still appears on the map as a semi transparent object making it very easy to find instead of near impossible like I intended is there a

do

mist.HideUnitInZone('secretrandomplacedstaticobject','triggerzone1')

end

I guess I need the mist commands library so I wont waste so much time asking uneducated questions

A list of mist functions can be found on this page: http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/Mission_Scripting_Tools_Documentation