Difficulty settings not working?

Guest denneym1

Guest denneym1

Hello,

I have not done anything with Lock On in a while, but recently got interested in it again, mainly due to Black Shark. I decided to go ahead and upgrade my plain old Lock On to FC and the latest patch 1.12a. Anyway, I set the difficulty to easy flight model and immortal, crash recovery enabled etc. so I can get used to it again and learn to operate the weapons systems on the 25T without getting blown out of the sky while trying to remember which key does what. The problem is, the settings are not "taking". I did press "save" and "set global" is turned on. Can anyone tell me what the deal is? On my "old" Lock On I could turn them on if I hadn't flown for a while until I got back up to speed and it worked fine. On FC with the 1.12a patch, they don't seem to be working. Any advice appreciated. So far all I have tried is the instant action scenarios on the opening screen. TIA.

Guest denneym1

OK, I read that difficulty settings don't apply in the instant action missions, but I just tried one in the Fast Battle Planner with the same results. Never had this problem in 1.02. Can anyone tell me how to get those difficulty settings to actually do something?

Guest denneym1

No, this is not in the campaign. This is in instant action and fast battle planner missions. I did a search for similar problems and did note the posts about having to declassify a campaign mission before being able to make changes. I think the manual is misleading even on that issue, though, as it says that if you use "set global" your settings will apply to all missions.

So, does anyone know why the difficulty settings are not working on instant action and fast battle planner missions? I really would like to have immortality on until I can figure out the systems on the Su-25.

No, this is not in the campaign. This is in instant action and fast battle planner missions. I did a search for similar problems and did note the posts about having to declassify a campaign mission before being able to make changes. I think the manual is misleading even on that issue, though, as it says that if you use "set global" your settings will apply to all missions.

So, does anyone know why the difficulty settings are not working on instant action and fast battle planner missions? I really would like to have immortality on until I can figure out the systems on the Su-25.

Having used the FBP never and the Instant Action missions rarely, I'm not sure what the problem might be. But why don't you build a quick mission of your own in the ME to fly and learn the systems with? If you're not sure how, I'm publishing a Part 1 of a two part "Getting Started" tutorial this evening. Part one introduces you to the LOAC/FC GUI and takes you through building a quick mission.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Guest denneym1

I have built missions before, but its been a long time ago and I need to get familiar with the ME again. It is frustrating though, that the menu options do not work as they should. I do not have the time available to jump in and get good at LOFC right away, for now I would like to just mess with it on a casual basis and perhaps this winter I can get more into it. Too busy in the summer months. I would hope someone else would have ran into this and know whats going on?

Guest denneym1
The devs never implemented easy floght models, unlimited fuel and immortality for the su-25T and su-25.

?? You don't think they might mention a little detail like that in the documentation? And, I never messed with the Su-25 a whole lot in 1.02, but I think it worked there. I wonder how much stuff they will decide not to "implement" in Black Shark?

Denneym1, you are right, those options did work in v1.02, but as far as I know, when they did the Advanced flight Model for the 25T, they did not make those options work for the 25T.

Dont feel bad, you aren't the only person caught by this, I have read other instances on the Forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Guest denneym1
Real men don't eat quiche, hehe.

So, the point is? I don't recall asking anything about your favorite cuisine in my post. However, if the movie I watched not too long ago called "Warriors" about Spanish forces in Kosovo is any indication of thier actual fighting ability, thier chow line must serve nothing but quiche. By the truckload. Heck, it must be the national dish in your country.

If anyone hasn't seen the above movie, its amazing. A unit of Spanish soldiers operating with NATO is going to fix a damaged power station. They are traveling in APC's with crew-served weapons mounted. They run into a rag-tag bunch of local militia, and through extremely poor tactics (panic is a poor tactic) they manage to get thier butts handed to them on a plate, and loose thier APC's to the bad guys. Then they run away like girls who have seen a spider and gradually, most of the rest of them get killed due to incompetence.

Anyway, Brit and FF, thanks for the info. At least I know its not working becasue it was never made to work by the programmers, and not due to me being too stupid to figure it out. I think I will have to wait to mess with the 25T until I have more time. I wonder if there will be scalable difficulty in BS?

MD