R-27/R-27ER Max Closure Speed?

ruddy122

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed this while I was doing a head on intercept with a MiG-25.

Target Speed 1350 Km/h

My Speed 1300 Km/h

Total Closure Speed 2600 Km/h

I was getting an intermittent launch authorized message as I was approaching min range.

My question is there a max closure speed for launching and R-27/R-27ER and if we do why?

Thanks,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

I don't believe its a missile performance issue but a radar tracking/guidance issue.

I posted this trk file in the Best Landings thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=142355&page=4 and it's the third group with the MiG-25

I don't know if its a bug or a true radar guidance limitation

Thanks,

Edited by ruddy122

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

I don't believe its a missile performance issue but a radar tracking/guidance issue.

I posted this trk file in the Best Landings thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=142355&page=4 and it's the third group with the MiG-25

I don't know if its a bug or a true radar guidance limitation

Thanks,

I'll have time to check the track this afternoon. But, if you were getting close to launch mins and the other aircraft or you were maneuvering in any way, that might be why it was happening. On one heading he was within launch parameters, while on another he wasn't. Just a thought.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Just watched the track. Unfortunately, it doesn't play back correctly and you are destroyed by the 2nd MiG in the group. I did notice that, when you were taking on the first MiG, you lost LA very briefly once. Not sure why. In the case of the 2nd MiG, you only lost it when you launched your last long range stick and the next selected missile was an R-73. But there the target was still too far away for LA. Unfortunately, I also can't view your landing, since the MiG-25 destroyed you in the playback.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Ironhand,

I'll try to create an updated track file to see if it does it again.

Thanks,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

Here is an updated .trk file with a MiG-25 Intercept

Mission Details

Altitude above 10,000 m

Combined Closure Rate 2400 Km/h

Locks and receives "Launch Authorized" steady at 50 Km

At inside 45 km "Launch Authorized" starts flashing.

Switched to R-27ET (IR) to attack bandits

Hope this helps. I think it may be a radar guidance limitation for SARH missiles but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Su-27S-Foxbat Intercept.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

Here is an updated .trk file with a MiG-25 Intercept

Mission Details

Altitude above 10,000 m

Combined Closure Rate 2400 Km/h

Locks and receives "Launch Authorized" steady at 50 Km

At inside 45 km "Launch Authorized" starts flashing.

Switched to R-27ET (IR) to attack bandits

Hope this helps. I think it may be a radar guidance limitation for SARH missiles but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

First of all, I don't understand why did you set the scan range to 100Kms and elevation 2 kms when you set your HUD range to just 50Kms. You had targets at range more then 100 and 1km below you at the time of final intercept.

Secondly, when your first target was 50-60Kms away you there was a change in your lock, your RADAR lock got turned off and your EOS started tracking. Now, I don't know if you turned it off by yourself or it got turned of by itself and R-27ER won't be having any launch on EOS lock and that is why you were getting flashing LA.

Also, for head-on engagement you can use HI PRF for higher detection range rather then ILV (interleaved).

Edited by combatace