is the SU33 just a skinned SU27?

The SU-33 has its own flight model. It is a SFM though, so not very realistic, but it was different to the SU-27 SFM before the SU-27 got its AFM.

If you like carrier landings and A2G, get the SU-33 (FC3 that is, since you can't get it standalone). Otherwise the SU-27 is better, since it has an AFM.

EDIT: And if you get FC3 you get both of them anyway. :)

Just get FC3 that way you get both and even more aircraft.

The canards on the Su33 are to assist in carrier landings, the flight model on the Su33 is not as complex as the Su27 FM so is easier to fly in some extreme aspects but still a simulation all the same, if mistreated it will still bite you on the ass. The Su33 is an awesome aircraft to have especially for carrier and air refuel ops.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Get FC3......you can't beat what you get for the money.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

From what little time I spent in it, I remember the Su-33 being heavier, slower (and yet could bizarrely super-cruise) but a slightly better turner than the SFM Su-27. The canards do (did) give it slightly better slow-speed stability than the -27.

I'd definitely go for FC3 as you get a great variety of aircraft to try.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.