Gun convergence

Decibel dB

Normal way? No. You can edit eula and guns angles but you need to do math first and it doesn't work in Mutliplayer. So I am afraid that even if you change it, it won't be of any use.

I've changed mine once to 250m and it was way better than before, but as soon as I saw that I can't use it in MP I gave up ;/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

That would be good to know what there are default at then. Do you know?

It's set at 1100ft as I remember. But I don't remember the numbers for angles. You can check it and change it in aircraft_guns.lua

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

It is a bad idea to edit lua files with Notepad. Use Notepad++ or a similar editor designed to edit code.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hey DB now don't be changing anything in there you'll regret later on. if you want to practice gunnery then go to our site and down load the mission I put in the Forums.

1100ft is = to 335.28m and it works great. just have to be a good shot, and make real steep curves in your rudder controls, and saturation because the settings in the axis's are still bugged.

Don't know if they will ever fix it. it seem who ever does the programing of the controls probably forgets to calibrate there stuff.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

1100ft is = to 335.28m and it works great. just have to be a good shot, and make real steep curves in your rudder controls, and saturation because the settings in the axis's are still bugged.

To me thats 85m too far. :P I mean, its just that if you shoot at target that far away your bullets loose more hitting power and the most important thing, your enemy can see you shooting and evade your shots comming at him. I've found over the years that 250m is perfect to me, and IRL some amazing aces like Skalski or Hartmann or Anderson shot even from shorter distance.

But yeah, it takes practice to re-learn how to shoot in P-51.

My channel:

Hi.

I looked at the P51 guns a while back and using the gun positions and angles in the lua file, i worked out the current convergence in the horizontal as:- inner pair 1007ft, mid pair 1466ft and outer pair as 1337ft. I've looked in all my books and all over the web but i cant find a chart that ties up with the current pattern. The current in game convergence works ok, but not as good as a custom point convergence, for me anyway.

S! Hub.

• 2 weeks later...

Pilot Lee Archer talks about convergence:

"Most pilots would try to get their armourers to tell them where they wanted bullets to converge. Some people were experts at it. I would leave that to the armourer he did the best he could"

My channel:

• 1 month later...

In 1944, pilots started setting custom convergences on their own. They were 1,000ft before they started doing this. Apparently, they had enough confidence in the .50cal's hitting power that they were willing to spread the convergences having just 2 guns and any coinciding convergence. i.e., inner guns at 600ft, middle guns at 900ft,and the outer guns at 1,000 to1,200ft. This allowed for the K-14's ability to adjust to targets at different ranges within these envelopes.

In DCS, with the guns all fixed at 1,100ft, the gyro gunsite is useless at any other range other than the games convergence settings. Cliffs of Dover has a nice feature allowing the pilot to load his own gun belts and change the convergence settings.

This would be a nice addition... along with the Auto radiator function effectively keeping the engine cool.

V

"Most pilots would try to get their armourers to tell them where they wanted bullets to converge. Some people were experts at it. I would leave that to the armourer he did the best he could"

People hear what they want to hear and believe what they wish to believe.

Gun convergence was set by the unit armorers IAW the published bore-sight data from approved sources. The main reference for operational units is the TM. The units could probably get it changed as the system did allow for local tactical conditions. That does not mean the pilot tells the armorer to turn a few screws on the range and change his convergence.

It means the unit commanders, armorers, let their needs be known so the engineers at the organizational level who have the tools and resources to produce the correct bore-sight data.

You can see that in the boresight data published the TM

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

Cliffs of Dover has a nice feature allowing the pilot to load his own gun belts and change the convergence settings.

This would be a nice addition... along with the Auto radiator function effectively keeping the engine cool.

V

That is actually not a realistic feature. Machine gun ammunition comes in standard mixes and getting an fixed aerial gun dialed in point of aim point of impact on the ground is a certain way to ensure you will hit nothing in the air.

Edited by Crumpp

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

Gun convergence and bore sight is based sight-line vs aircraft body angle vs speed.

You must have both the horizontal and vertical data to correctly align them.

96309820_GunsightLevelingchart.thumb.jpg.676cad5cc5319d7c2bbafba4a51dbc8a.jpg

1632556977_P-51boresightdiagram.thumb.jpg.b9e3e0eda287828adf7b83aebf806e8d.jpg

TM1-495.part1.rar

TM1-495.part2.rar

Fighter_Gun_Harmonization.part1.rar

Fighter_Gun_Harmonization.part2.rar

To me thats 85m too far. :P I mean, its just that if you shoot at target that far away your bullets loose more hitting power and the most important thing, your enemy can see you shooting and evade your shots comming at him. I've found over the years that 250m is perfect to me, and IRL some amazing aces like Skalski or Hartmann or Anderson shot even from shorter distance.

But yeah, it takes practice to re-learn how to shoot in P-51.

The terminal ballistic difference between 335 meters and 250 meters is negligible. If you compared it to 1800 meters, then maybe you'd have a point.

Edited by BSS_Sniper

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals