A Bitter Pill -- Part II

Trailer

It's ready, gentlemen. Everything has worked for me so far, but feel free to let me know if you or I can improve it. Feel free to improve upon it yourself and fix any bugs you find. It's much, much more straightforward and simple, and there are fewer flourishes and extraneous things going on, but I think you'll really, really enjoy the missions...especially the last mission.

A Bitter Pill Part 2.rar

Edited by Trailer

When you finish it will you consider uploading it to http://hoggitworld.com/missions/upload ? You don't need an account or anything and it'll add it to our search engine where hopefully a bunch of people from hoggit and other communities will be able to find it!

Here's an example of what the mission page generated from the upload looks like: http://hoggitworld.com/missions/215/on-station-classicmiz/

Alright you got it up already (as fighter pilots would now say: "so to speak")? I checked yesterday and didn't see it...Imma check it out now.

EDIT: Good stuff, as usual! I really enjoy watching you fly these missions.

Edited by Trailer

• 2 weeks later...
Alright you got it up already (as fighter pilots would now say: "so to speak")? I checked yesterday and didn't see it...Imma check it out now.

EDIT: Good stuff, as usual! I really enjoy watching you fly these missions.

I am really glad you made them. I have been having a lot of fun with them, and folks really seem to like it. Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

When you finish it will you consider uploading it to http://hoggitworld.com/missions/upload ? You don't need an account or anything and it'll add it to our search engine where hopefully a bunch of people from hoggit and other communities will be able to find it!

Here's an example of what the mission page generated from the upload looks like: http://hoggitworld.com/missions/215/on-station-classicmiz/

Before I upload it to hoggit, I wanna be sure it's perfect. Therefore, I'll wait for you guys' input.

Hope you like it!

• 3 months later...

Since the update of 1.5, many things have changed in the campaign creation and there are several errors in missions, rendering them broken. I'm currently fixing them and will have it working as soon as I can.

I'll post the updated campaign when I'm finished.

• 4 months later...

Another excellent campaign, thanks for doing it!

As you noted some things got broken by the 1.5 upgrade, but for the impatient here are some workarounds which help with some of the issues:

- let all the other friendlies take off first, before you even start taxi

- in the last mission, some enemy AI are stuck on the ground at Sochi. You will not win unless they are destroyed, so you may need to RTB and re-arm with A-G ordnance. Luckily this is Su-27 not F-15 mission :). Sometimes AI will deal with them for you with guns, sometimes not.

One suggestion for the future: maybe it's too much to require killing every single one of enemy units in order to advance the campaign. For example, if enemy Tu-160 is damaged and turns back to base before dropping bombs, this should count as success. As it is now, I had to chase it all the way to Novorosiysk and destroy in on the ground!

BTW, I loved the surprise ending!

Thanks again

Bolek

• 4 weeks later...

Had a lot of fun so far, Thank's a lot. Still two missions to go. :)

I especially liked the A10A Missions, because there really is a lack of those and they were pretty fun. A lot of opportunitiesto use the gun :)

The stock Campaign of the A10 does not relly work well if you ask me.

Wow, thanks a lot! I had been having some trouble with the triggers and such with the campaign with the changeover to 1.5/2.0...is everything still working correctly?

To be honest, I thought that I had to start all over again with the new game build, that old missions were borked. Please feel free to adjust anything you see fit. I'm still building part 3 but I haven't had the time to really get it to do what I want it to do due to all the troubleshooting. Glad to hear you liked it.

Okay played the last mission twice, and there seem to be some bugs.

The enemy Mig21s and a few SU27s do not take off, because they crash in each other on the ground.

That makes it pretty much impossible to complete the Mission, because you can not destroy all the enemy aircraft. Maybe by loading bombs and blow them all up on the runway :D

This was happening to me with friendlies as well a while back...I think it's an AI thing since 1.5. Please feel free to adjust or correct anything you see wrong and I'll post it back up again.

I might just end up having them spawn instead of having all of them take off. It sucks, I know, but this game has always had retarded AI.