Forward Slip in the F-15C

Xavven

Coming in for a landing the other day, my altitude was too high, so I attempted a forward slip. I'm sort of new to this, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but is it supposed to be rudder left, bank right, and pitch down so that I don't stall, and so that if I look through my 1 o'clock window I'm flying forward?

Assuming I've got the correct idea, the problem I'm having is that I seem to lose my rudder control and end up in a turn instead. Looking at my slip indicator, it re-centers despite my input. So my question is, does the F-15C have an auto-rudder that's destroying my input, or is the game doing it to "help" me "coordinate my turns" when I actually want to be in a slip, or is it door number 3: I'm doing it wrong?

Thanks for your help, guys/gals.

What SinusoidDelta said - the rudder performance and CAS functioning regarding the rudder should be corrected in 1.5.

Despite this, the rudder is very powerful so you'll probably need to practice that slip :)

As far as how the F-15 itself works, the CAS is programmed to eliminate uncommanded sideslip, so it should not be destroying your rudder input.

Assuming I've got the correct idea, the problem I'm having is that I seem to lose my rudder control and end up in a turn instead. Looking at my slip indicator, it re-centers despite my input. So my question is, does the F-15C have an auto-rudder that's destroying my input, or is the game doing it to "help" me "coordinate my turns" when I actually want to be in a slip, or is it door number 3: I'm doing it wrong?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Coming in for a landing the other day, my altitude was too high, so I attempted a forward slip. I'm sort of new to this, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but is it supposed to be rudder left, bank right, and pitch down so that I don't stall, and so that if I look through my 1 o'clock window I'm flying forward?

Thanks for your help, guys/gals.

Currently rudder authority is wrong in the f15[in game not the real world f15c].

As far as your forward slip that's how its done. but it doesn't matter which way you slip it. Just be aware if you slip away from the wind you will have a steeper decent but you will get blown off course.

Edited by pr1malr8ge

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

How the F is it going to be wrong IRL anyway. lol rofl. I can't even right now !!!

Umm I meant to say "in game not real world."

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.